Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 09, 2015

[SalisburyFreecycle] ADMIN NOTICE - Salisbury Freecycle Coming to an End

Dear Members,

It's with some regret that I have to announce the end of Salisbury Freecycle. We've received notice from the Freecycle organization to cease and desist using their registered name and logo. This was done just several months after they sent us notice that required us to begin using the same. Now they've given us just 2 days to no longer use their name and logo, or completely delete the group. And with “Freecycle” as part of our group name and web address in Yahoo, we really have no choice at all. The group must end. Yes, it feels like we were set up.

BUT – As I thought about this predicament, I've made the decision to create a new group, using our current group as a guide. and of course you're encouraged to join us. Our new group is Delmarva Recycle, also hosted in yahoo groups. Our focus will be mainly the same, but with this change, also comes an opportunity to renew and reinvigorate. Are we up for the task? I have no doubt.
In the coming weeks and months, we'll be asking for member input to make improvements over our old group. While much will likely remain the same, I look forward to some positive changes too. In the meantime, head on over to our new group now. Don't put it off – this group will be gone within just a couple short days.

Here's a link to join your new group. delmarvarecycle-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tired using freecycle in the past. I found that having to register then wait for confirmation from and administrator was a waste of time. The first several times I tried to register I never received confirmation. Only recently (within the past year) did I register and finally get approved. It should not be that hard. All the stuff I had went on Craigslist or to the recycling station and dump. I liked the idea of this but unfortunately the execution left me wondering who was running things.

Anonymous said...

One persons Junk is now another persons Junk!

Anonymous said...

I have been using the group for years. The admin(s) run it in their spare time, this is not a "professional" group just a bunch of nice people trying to recycle. I have given some and gotten some. It is what it is. I only find it annoying when people say they are going to come and get their stuff and then don't bother showing up. Which has nothing to do with the admins. If you stood me up, I never granted you the gift of free stuff again. I always gave to people who I knew to be reliable.