Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Men Who Cook!

So here is the question: Can men cook?
Some men don’t consider cooking a worthwhile venture. Aside from the occasional stint behind the grill, many men would rather find something else to do and wait for food to be prepared for them.

Whether it’s because they think it takes too much time, too much effort or just assume it’s a woman’s job, men who never learn to cook could be losing a huge opportunity to take their man skills to the next level.

Some men can fix a car, hunt wild animals and build a camp fire. So, shouldn’t men know how to feed themselves without a drive-thru? Plus, there probably isn’t a woman alive immune to a man who can make her a delicious meal.

More 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

can trouble shoot electronics, rebuild an engine, shoot skin and butcher a deer, bait a hook, build a fire, iron my shirts and sew my own socks if needed. And consider myself a great cook! I'm amazed how younger kids today can do none of these! they are in big trouble!

Anonymous said...

men can fix a car, hunt wild animals and build a camp fire. The woman's job was to cook the food. But now she don't do that. Thank goodness men are multitasked able or the kids will starve.

Anonymous said...

My husband lost his job two years ago and has been the chief cook and diswasher since then. I love going home at the end of the day knowing I don't have to worry about supper, he has it under control! I get to put my feet up and read the paper. I am enjoying this.

Anonymous said...

2:30 - Yours sounds like a same sex marriage to me.

Anonymous said...

I had to learn how to cook. My wife's cooking is so bad that this summer all the flies in the neighborhood chipped in and bought us a new screen door for the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

I think men make the best cooks!

Anonymous said...

Many men can cook, however, two cooks spoil the broth. I love working in my kitchen, but alone. he can stay in the man cave until its done.

Anonymous said...

@ 4:00 pm...are u my hubby? If mine were internet savvy you would be...my cooking sucks...

Anonymous said...

3:07 -- No our home is not a same sex marriage. I, a female, am fortunate to still have a job. My husband, male, was not a fortunate. We have shifted some of the responsibilities due to the situation we have found ourselves in. We do not condone the same sex lifestyle amd believe that they will answer to GOD for their sins.
I believe 3:07 may be upset that our household has made a bad situation work without '..itching' about it.

Anonymous said...

I've never met a woman who can cook better than me. Maybe bake desserts, simply because I don't eat them, or cook them.

Anonymous said...

3:07 I imagine you sitting in your recliner typing that. Your wife, watching wheel of fortune, is in the next room. You're watching over your shoulder, making sure she doesn't see what you're doing.

People who fear, are.