Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Letter To The Editor 7-23-12

COMCAST TROUBLE

I just want to know if anyone out there is having as much trouble with comcast that I am having. The main problem is with recording shows using the comcast boxes. We are as of this morning on our 3rd box. It works sometimes, and I do a lot of recording so I can see shows in the evenings or week-ends. The problems are if you are familiar with the boxes you go into the DVR button on your remote you select your show and time, you check off that it is correct, then confirm, and I go out and then back in at least 2 times to see if the red dot is there and it is in the shows to be recorded. Very often when I go to see the shows they are not there at all or they are not on that days shows ! I have found that they sometimes are in scheduled slots up to weeks later! not on the days I scheduled for, I have been told it is a box problem by one gentleman and another stating it is probably in the signal!! and all they are interested in is did I fill out the survey, which I reply no as until they solve the problems it sure won't be favorable. Please is there anyone experiencing this same problem, I live in Salisbury.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont have that problem,just sound that cuts out all day long and picture static which is annoying.

Anonymous said...

sorry i don't have that problem, but i do have many other problems with comcast. problem is they're the only cable game in town so no competition. end of story.

Anonymous said...

We don't have Comcast but recently ditched Mediacom because of their poor service. We now have DirecTV and we absolutely love it so far. I just have to figure out what channel WBOC is on so I can see Joe's interview. Anyone know? lol

Anonymous said...

Windows Media Center has a similar problem. My guess is both systems get scheduling information from the same faulty source.

But since Comcast is making lots of money from you for recording your shows, lean on them to try and get it fixed or to get rate reductions.

Or, make a Media Center PC and ditch the cable box all together. Payback is about 2 years.

Anonymous said...

I'm expecting them to pro-rate my bill as I have lost several channels and reception is intermittent on some channels.
I won't be holding my breath.

Anonymous said...

I changed to direct tv also. Havent regretted it.

Anonymous said...

Go to Comcast's website & keep going through the "Contact Us" until you get to a page with a letter from the VP of Operations. Then you can e-mail him & you WILL get some attention. I did & problem was resolved.

Anonymous said...

I left Comcast for the Dish thing and it sucks worse but now I'm stuck in a contract...ugh ! Is it true that Comcast will buy out your remaining contract with the Dish company? This is what I heard.

Anonymous said...

! Is it true that Comcast will buy out your remaining contract with the Dish company? This is what I heard.

July 24, 2012 3:37 PM

Call Comcast and ask.

800-266-2278