Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Screw Up Salisbury Then Pack Your Bags And Move To Florida


This has always been one of my biggest problems with Mayor Jim Ireton. He has already packed his bags before and left town.

Here's the deal. No different from Barrie Tilghman, spend $14,000,000.00 on a stupid Fire Palace, a warehouse for trucks. FOURTEEN MILLION DOLLARS, yeah, right! Then there was that $84,000,000.00 WWTP crap that completely failed and now they have to spend another $60,000,000.00 to fix it. There's been a LOT of talk about Barrie and her Frank Burns of a husband packing their things and moving to Florida.

IF the one commenter is right and Ireton is trying to bring in a rainbow community to Salisbury on the backs of the taxpayers, perhaps his attempts won't go unrecognized any longer but I think it's far deeper than that.

Jim Ireton is whoring Salisbury for no good reason. We have plenty of reasons to keep impact fees where they are. HOWEVER, if your trying to surplus expensive property to unload to ALL of your developer friends, (think about it, who else has the money to develop these properties) and then whore out the impact fees at a 64% discount it will take a few years to get the "Ireton Projects" completed and then guess what, they're OFF the tax roll forever!

Waterfront property that will never be on the tax roll, yet it's the most valuable property the City has. Jimmy Ireton is simply a pimp. He'll go on and on about how many jobs he's bringing to Salisbury but again when all is said and done and he's moved to Key West, he couldn't care less what he's left you with.

It's all about buying votes with your very own tax dollars. Cut him off at the knees Ladies & Gentlemen. Ireton has NOT flat out denied he's doing what I'm openly stating his intent is. He's been careful with his words but he has NOT stated there will be no section 8, affordable, subsidized housing units, OR whatever else or new word they've come up with to express what I'm stating it is.

I for one look at these local developers who have already BAILED out of Salisbury and now live elsewhere on the Shore. They knew what was coming because they were a part of it from the beginning. I plan on sticking around until I die. I don't TWIST any of my words, I tell it straight, love me or hate me. It is what it is but at least you know what's coming.

Jim Ireton comes from being a nobody. A school teacher who speaks well. He wants to be loved, he loves attention but when he's not feeling the love and or the attention he throws a fit. This community can't be serious about considering Ireton for re election, let's get real. This community is fed up with the lies and or twisted words. The end result is the same, something you really didn't want.

You people need to start lining up at my front door to get your tee shirts. Continue to show the Mayor and the rest of Salisbury that the BS is over. We, (you and I) are going to bring this community back together again and make things right. Before things get too far out of control, get your shirt, make your statement and let's at least get Ireton out of the way.

We had a bunch of hookers walking the street on 13 not too long ago, if you'll recall. At least their customers walked away with a smile on their face. If you think this whore of a Mayor is going to have his customers walking away with a smile on your face satisfied you've got another thing coming, unless your a developer. Remember, they're the ones getting cheap waterfront property and a 64% discount. Then they go home to other counties and never have to deal with what the future will bring you and I.

Jim Ireton will be the only one walking away satisfied with a smile on his face laughing at each and every one of us because he's using our money to screw us. These BS artists get their biggest thrill trying to get away with crap like he's pulling. Send Jimmy packing to Key West so we can move forward with business. I'll not be his whore. I will put up the biggest fight of his life.

500 new "Ireton Project" units in Downtown Salisbury! I believe we need to come together as a community and let those select few special interests know we're starting a non violent mini revolution AGAINST these kind of "Ireton Projects". You have someone ready to move in and truly represent ALL of US. Oh, they might kick and scream and call foul. The Press may even give them all the attention but one thing you and I have is a massive following right here on Salisbury News. WE can and will make a difference at the polls and that scared the crap out of Jim Ireton and Chuck Cook. Their petition drive CLEARLY proves they could only achieve around 400 local names after pushing it everywhere they could, including social media. Unfortunately for the majority of those people who signed the petition they had NO IDEA subsidized housing units were involved.

That being said Mr. Ireton, you wanted a fight, I'm bringing it to you. You've never dealt with an honorable businessman before who has no idea how to be a politician like yourself but has dealt with the likes of people like you for many years. I'll bet at least one year of my life I'm going to win this race hands down against you simply because I'm the same guy the majority of voters are. The only difference is, YOUR people do NOT scare me. I have thicker skin and I don't run away when people try to scare me. My past history PROVES I'll stand up for myself and others for what is right.

Come get your tee shirts Ladies & Gentlemen. It's time we start fighting back and save Salisbury. No more subsidized housing units on the backs of the taxpayers. The Obama Train will make its last stop right here in Salisbury, Maryland. I'll even let Jimmy toot/blow the horn.

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

so many gays have to have constant drama and attention, look at the national stage. Gays have dominated the media in their continual demand for validation that their personal choices are valid. Look at me look at me!!!!! TEll me how pretty and special I am!!!!

Anonymous said...

Why does Lore Chambers have "PhD" on her name plate? It's nice that she got her doctorate but advertising it like that is poor taste. Does she want to be referred to as Dr. Chambers? No class at all.

JoeAlbero said...

anonymous 8:31, While I'm not a big Lore' Chambers fan, she EARNED that degree and deserves such respect.

I told her last night that I'd have a hard time calling her Doctor. She instantly responded, it's OK Joe, Lore' is just fine.

Give credit where credit is due. Lore' Chambers is a class act, period.

Beezer said...

This is one of the best all time commentaries to date.

You are indeed taking the fight to him - and I have always said that the best defense is to have a good offense.

JOE ALBERO FOR SALISBURY MAYOR!!!

Anonymous said...

Joe:

Some years ago, Barrie and her buffoon husband left Salisbury, when his job at Avery Hall did'nt pan out, for Easton, PA. But the locals there soon made them return. No doubt if they move to Florida we won't have seen the last of them.

But let's hope they take Mikey Dunn with them.

Anonymous said...

I'll be in tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt & Mike:

Before Barrie and her spouse hightail it, how about looking at that deal Hanna gave them on the property that they sold for the Fruitland Wal-Mart a year or so later. I think that at that time Hanna was the owner, with Causey, in the Aydelotte Farm project.

what;s that odor we smell?

Anonymous said...

" My past history PROVES I'll stand up for myself and others for what is right. "

This I know!

Anonymous said...

I have been To Key West and it Sucked!

Anonymous said...

Joe I am off on Friday afternoon and I want to come by and get a T-Shirt. Also can I get one for my husband?

Anonymous said...

Maybe he will find God in Key West.

Anonymous said...

You are a true visionary.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say Thank You for the shirt today and the great talk. You have my vote!

Anonymous said...

Albero you are just amazing!

Anonymous said...

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I liked Key West and hope to return one day. Key lime pie, yum.

Anonymous said...

Love Ya Joe

Jack K Richards said...

Do you have any idea what it costs to live in any reasonable manner in KW?????? Where is he getting the $$$$$$$$$$ Please do not send anymore down here, enuf is enuf.

Anonymous said...

While I can agree with your position on low-income housing, I can not agree that the $8500 plus fee is of benefit to growth for Salisbury right now. There needs to be some relief to help encourage growth. The consumer cannot afford the product once you pass on the fee.

JoeAlbero said...

anonymous 5:04, have they lowered the price of gas, drywall, nails, you get my drift.

When and IF they do, do you believe they'll drop it 64%??????

He's a TEACHER and a clueless business man.

Anonymous said...

That great photo needs a name -- here are some suggestions:

Tweedledee @ Tweedledum
They're Both Buffoons
Double Trouble
Doctor & Patient
No, Lori - He's Not Making A Pass

Anonymous said...

If these projects did go though you know darn well they would have out of state builders with union pay to come in here and do the job.

Anonymous said...

Did Jim really move? Let the party begin!

Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight either we have a ghost town or a ghetto. Wow that is a hard choice.

Anonymous said...

Joe I have seen first hand how you stand up for what you believe. How you help people who are in need. How you speak the truth when they want the truth hidden. You will make a great Mayor and you are a great friend.

Anonymous said...

An online Petition means nothing!

Anonymous said...

Jim tried to fool his followers(the few he has left) with the petition. Jim you are a LIAR!

Anonymous said...

This campaign has not official started and it is the craziest I have ever seen. I bet we make National News.

Anonymous said...

Will you be doing any fund raisers soon?

Anonymous said...

The view is Fantastic on the wings of a Swallow.

Anonymous said...

Jim needs to blow right out of the Mayor office. We are done with you Jim.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Why does Lore Chambers have "PhD" on her name plate? It's nice that she got her doctorate but advertising it like that is poor taste. Does she want to be referred to as Dr. Chambers? No class at all.

July 24, 2012 8:31 PM

If you are a city tax payer you paid for the UMES PhD degree. That's right thousands of dollars wasted on getting this wannabe a post doctorate care. Jim Ireton could have nipped that one in the bud, but he rewarded her for being his enemy. He bought her friendship when he promised to the good tax paying voters he was going to eliminate her position.

Anonymous said...

By the way where has John Pick been?

Anonymous said...

JoeAlbero said...
anonymous 8:31, While I'm not a big Lore' Chambers fan, she EARNED that degree and deserves such respect.

I told her last night that I'd have a hard time calling her Doctor. She instantly responded, it's OK Joe, Lore' is just fine.

Give credit where credit is due. Lore' Chambers is a class act, period.

July 24, 2012 8:37 PM

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. This comment may have cost you a lot of votes my friend.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Let me get this straight either we have a ghost town or a ghetto. Wow that is a hard choice.

July 25, 2012 8:27 AM

Not a hard choice. I will take a ghost town any day.

JoeAlbero said...

anonymous 10:06, let it cost me votes. At least I'm honest and not afraid of threats like the one your making.