Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Truly Amazing

Here it is 9:30 at night and I'm sitting in my Office Downtown and a gentleman just came up here to tell me he's a registered voter and if I run he'll be casting his vote for me.

We talked a bit about what's going on with local and national politics and he's excited to see a non politician running for office. His hope was that this trend continues on the national level.

This seems to be where most people I've been talking to lately want to go. I asked him if he voted in the last election and he said, "hell no". However, he did say he's a registered voter in Salisbury and he will vote in this next election.

Little by little people seem more excited than ever about an election that will take place 11 months from now. Tee shirts have been flying out the door. People are seeing bumper stickers all over the Shore and a very strong statement is being made, most people want someone who will step into the Mayor's Office not afraid to get things done.

Be sure to listen to my radio interview tomorrow at noon on 88.3 FM Coastal Connection. I'm confident everyone will hear where I'm headed and how different things could be. Thanks for all the support!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got some thumbs up at walmart the other day , had your tee shirt on.
The change we need is a set of grapes , thank you.

Anonymous said...

Three registered city voters at my house.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Albero, you have often stated that you live in De and the tax/way of life advantages of living in De. I am not familiar with the minute details of voting laws in Salisbury. Do you have to live in Salisbury to run for election? Is it because you own property in Salisbury that allows you to run for mayor or have you moved. I too support you for mayor.

JoeAlbero said...

anonymous 8:43, in mid March I physically moved to my building in Downtown Salisbury. I have a Maryland Drivers License and am a registered voter in Salisbury as well.

Who could ever deny the tax advantages Delaware offers. Salisbury needs to somehow live up to the charges they bill out. I have publicly asked numerous times what I get for my almost $8,000.00 a year I pay in taxes in Salisbury. The Mayor has refused to respond to my question.

It's time for real change. Thanks for your support.

Anonymous said...

Wait until you have to pay that retroactive increased state income tax here in the state of MD, ouch.