Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 09, 2012

I NEED MY FOODSTAMPS

Maybe you heard this story. This chick wins $1 million in the lottery and has two houses, but no job, so she “needs her food stamps”. The amazing thing is she is still getting her food stamps even after winning a cool million. The hack politicians have decided to introduce a bill cross-checking lottery winners with food stamp recipients, and the Feds just passed a bill not allowing anyone making over a $million per year to get food stamps (just in time)

Do you remember a time when people thought food stamps were “shameful”? A time when people tried to get the hell off food stamps as soon as they were able? Not anymore. Food stamps have become a right, not a benefit. And, since Obama is offering $75,000 grants to anyone who can get more people on food stamps, the bonanza will continue Ad infinitum.

This makes my head explode; the mentality of people ripping off the government. They are bleeding our country to death and have no regret or idea that it’s all going to collapse. When it does, this imbecile’s million dollars will buy a few loaves of bread (when Zimbabwe-like hyperinflation kicks in). No small wonder we’re totally fucked.

Lottery winner on food stamps even after $1 million jackpot
By Eric Pfeiffer | The Sideshow

People love stories about someone winning the lottery and then giving the money away. They’re less likely to feel fondly about Amanda Clayton, who won $1 million in the Michigan State Lottery but is still collecting food stamps.

“I thought that they would cut me off, but since they didn’t, I thought maybe it was OK because I’m not working,” Clayton, 24, told Local 4 news in Detroit.

Back in December, a woman in Washington State fell under scrutiny when it was revealed she was receiving state economic benefits even though she lives in a $1 million waterfront home on Lake Washington.

More

4 comments:

lastword said...

They have since cut off the winner from food stamps.

Better Off than I was said...

If it wasn't for food stamps I would have come very close to dying. I got a job and notified them and was able to get two more weeks befor they ended. That two weeks held me until my first pay check. Though it was only about two months I had them it made the diffrence between eating and not. I was not proud but very very grateful. I just can't see how a person could be stable/well off and take food stamps. Guess I'm glad it wasn't me because I can live with myself.

Anonymous said...

She is just saving herself the trouble of re-applying because she will be needing them within a year. Idiots like her always piss away the money and wind up broke again.

Daddio said...

A classic case of the entitlement mentality: She turned the safety net into a hammock!

I would like to see legislation that would do 2 things: If a welfare recipient were to win a significant sum of money, then any lotto winnings would have the past 3 years' worth of benefits deducted and the state repaid first.

Depending on whether any money is leftover after such repayment, then any current benefits would be suspended, the length of time being determined by the remaining amount of winnings.

If a lotto winner wants to buy 2 houses, then they are welcome to do so. But the taxpayers are under no obligation to support such lifestyle choices, either.