Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Delegate Wants To Ban Arsenic In Chicken Feed

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — A Maryland lawmaker said Wednesday that poultry feed containing a known carcinogen should be banned from Maryland farms even though its maker has already stopped selling it voluntarily.

Delegate Tom Hucker, D-Montgomery, told a panel of his colleagues Wednesday that even though Pfizer Inc. has voluntarily suspended the sale of roxarsone, a chemical often put in chicken feed to help the birds grow and fight parasites, he wants the chemical banned here.

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we please ban lawmakers from Montgomery County?

Anonymous said...

can't we find something else for the idiots to do. Like maybe pick up trash along side the road or something. They may be qulified to do that.

Anonymous said...

Arsenic has been long known to cause cancer in humans. The companies who sell meat products in which this feed is used should be required to put it on the label that feed was used with arsenic in it and it could be a potential health risk, like they do cigarettes and alcohol.

Anonymous said...

Joe:

Are you old enough to remember that ad for rat poison (Warfarin) --

"it kills me but I love it!

Anonymous said...

"can't we find something else for the idiots to do"

The idiots are those who feed their families arsenic laced meat 11:41 without questioning the effects. Maybe you think it's okay for your family but I don't want mine eating it!

Karloff said...

I don't care if my chicken has Arsenic in it, as long as it's crisp

Anonymous said...

No arsenic for me please! If I'm going to kill myself I'd rather do it the fun way with wine and cigarettes!

Anonymous said...

well that sounds like a no brainer
why a debate
Id like mercury out of my fish too while their at it