Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Safeway Security Guard Bans 4-Year-Old From Store For Eating Dried Apricots

Three decades later, I still have a very vivid memory of the day I learned about shoplifting. My mom was in the checkout line at Acme and I was eye-level with the candy rack and oh man did that Rolo look tasty. So I took it, because that's what I thought you did. I was wrong and was told so by my horrified mother when I offered her some chocolate a few minutes later. She took me back in, paid for the Rolo and explained to me about shoplifting. I'm just lucky I didn't pilfer that treat from the Safeway in Everett, Washington.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems the mother is a big part of the problem

Anonymous said...

There needs to be more training for the security staff; the store management should have been notified to handle the incident.

That is who security works for?!?!!

Anonymous said...

Seems the mother is a big part of the problem

November 29, 2011 1:36 PM

Oh lord, what insane reason do you have for saying that?

Anonymous said...

1:36
The story said it was her dad that didn't notice she had ate the apricot.