Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Navigating The Long Road To Chronic Pain Diagnosis

Suffering for over six years with widespread, unidentifiable pain and fatigue is a test of patience. For me, the answer came years after seeing dozens of doctors shrug their shoulders at my condition or say I was in excellent health since I looked well.

After enduring endless exams, rounds of blood drawing, body and brain scans, all for no diagnosis at all, I was determined to get answers somewhere else and that's what landed me mid-country. I finally found my diagnosis in the Midwest, thousands of miles away from my home in Massachusetts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daily medical marijuana will pull me thru.

Anonymous said...

I definitely think I can fall under this diagnosis, I am 23 and it is tough to get out of be din the morning when it comes to actually moving around. My back, joints, and head hurt most of the time and I always feel tired. Wait maybe thats because I do the same thing that 95% of american's do everyday that are employed, go to work.

Anonymous said...

95% of american's do everyday that are employed, go to work.

November 22, 2011 3:48 PM

Your age would explain your ignorance.

Anonymous said...

Please don't make light of this article. This is no laughing matter. I have been diagnosed with Lyme disease but still suffer with symptoms even though I am somewhat improved. I have spent almost 100,000 dollars trying to find out what is wrong with me and on medications that sometimes work, sometimes don't. I have thrown many of them away after finding they did not work for me. I see myself in this article. I have been talked about by co-worker, family and ex-friend, questioning my sanity.

So, don't judge until you have walking in my shoes. I would not wish in resolved chronic pain on anyone.