Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Cutting Back Salt May Be Worse For Heart Health: Study

(CBS) Cutting back on salt might not be all it's cracked up to be for heart health. A new study suggests reducing dietary salt intake may actually raise several risk factors for heart disease.

"I can't really see, if you look at the total evidence, that there is any reason to believe there is a net benefit of decreasing sodium intake in the general population," study author Dr. Niels Graudal, a senior consultant at Copenhagen University Hospital in Denmark, told Reuters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They always say one year this or that is bad for you. Then next year or two they completely reverse themselves and say it's really not bad for you at all.

I have stopped listening to them and do what I want.

I don't care what anybody does, we all are still going to die one day.

Saying this extends your life or that cuts it short is just a crap shoot.

Anonymous said...

moderation is the key to everything, except my honey babies booty !!!

Anonymous said...

6:52 AM

lol well I don't know about the booty but the other part I can agree with.