Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 17, 2011

Anatomy Of A Victory: Occupy Wall Street Wins A Big One

Mayor Bloomberg’s Wednesday night visit to Liberty Plaza Park, during which he delivered news (on behalf of his girlfriend’s corporation) that the park would be cleaned Friday morning, made me very nervous. I found myself with a lay-over in Charlotte early Thursday morning and took the opportunity to pen a quick blog post to express my concerns. Boarding my next flight, I tweeted the following: “Okay, internets. About to take off for Seatac. No one do or say anything interesting for several hours, yes? Yes.”
The internets declined.

Over the next 20-or-so hours, there precipitated one of the most impressive single days of organizing I can recall or even imagine, and by 6 AM the next day, when the cleaning was set to begin, the Wall Street occupiers and our allies around the world had won. It’s worth looking into what made that happen, if for no other reason than to derive best practices for like operations in the future.
  1. Public appeals to Bloomberg/Brookfield
More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The American people can see that these people are fruit loops.