Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 12, 2011

A Letter To The Editor 9-12-11

FDNY

As I watched the television specials yesterday, knowing the streets of NY as I do, I paid special attention to how the FD, Ladder 1, Engine 7 specifically, maneuvered the equipment in and out of the station on those small streets, never once striking the curb. Then it suddenly dawned on me, can you imagine anyone at SFD trying to maneuver their equipment on those narrow streets? They can't even get around Salisbury without ripping off a bumper let alone get down a narrow city street such as those in NY.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

12:37 I saw that also. I couldn't believe how they were able to get that truck in and out of the station without hitting something but they did it.

Anonymous said...

Years ago, you used to have to be in the SFD for 5 years before you could be an engineer (apparatus driver). Not the case today.