Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 12, 2011

Fraternal Order Of Eagles Delivers On 9-11-11


In a Post last night I told you that I would deliver a Post today about how I spent 9-11. Well, this is it.

My Friend John Livingston called me to tell me they had leftover meals from their fundraiser. Since I refused to publish just where the "Tent City" was last week, he asked if I'd be kind enough to meet him to deliver food to the homeless.

You talk about a group of people overwhelmed with pleasure. Two gentlemen happily carried the cooler full of food and walked it back to their temporary homes and went from tent to tent putting smiles on every one's faces.

To the Fraternal Order Of Eagles, God Bless You for ALL that you do. Believe me Folks, these people do so much for our community and I am truly humbled that they would think of calling me to reach out to those most in need.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why won't you say where tent city is, i would like to bring them some grub as well and maybe blankets with the cool nights coming up.
Thanks!!!

Joseph Albero said...

Why won't you use your real name or e-mail me directly instead of hiding behind anonymous. We have ways of delivering any items you'd like to donate, or is that a problem for you?

Fat chance we'll advertise where these families are at. Certain Bloggers would certainly harass these people, I think they've been through enough.

Anonymous said...

OK, cool. Thanks for the quick reply. I am anonymous because of those kind of attacks from bloggers and others on the net.

Anonymous said...

Joe, this was a wonderful thing u did for those people.

Joseph Albero said...

anonymous 3:48, it wasn't me. It was the Fraternal Order of Eagles.

Anonymous said...

Joe you have to take some credit. If they had not read about the tent city on sbynews they would have never known about them. You both deserve the credit for this good deed.

Anonymous said...

joe, don't tell anyone where the tent city is.... they will just be forced to move elsewhere..

Anonymous said...

Johnny Livingston is a former President of the FOE and a credit to his community.

Anonymous said...

Great Work----This is what it's all about! Thanks Mr. Livingston!
And----Thank you 4 posting!

Anonymous said...

This is how community is supposed to treat one another. God bless the FOE!