Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tom “Bunky” Luffman, Jr. Is Running For The Office Of Delmar Town Commissioner


Delmar, Maryland, USA  August 29th, 2011
My name is Tom “Bunky” Luffman, Jr. and today I filed to be the next Town Commissioner in Delmar, Maryland.  You may know me from my service on our Planning and Zoning Commission or my previous service on Wicomico County Board of Education Superintendent Frederickson’s Re-districting Committee. 

During my time on Planning and Zoning I have consistently voted in a way that is both pro-home owner and pro-business.  While I was on the Re-districting Committee I fought hard to keep Delmar children going to Delmar schools.  When I joined the committee our town was faced with the specter of bussing some of our best and brightest to East Salisbury Elementary, which in turn would have forced those students to go to Wicomico Middle and High Schools.  While I have nothing personal against any of these three schools (my mother went to Wi-Hi), I attended Delmar from kindergarten through graduation in 1991 and believe in the power of community and community schools.  What we have in Delmar as a community is special and this is reflected and exemplified in our schools.  Ask any realtor in the area and they will tell you that people want to move to Delmar so their kids can attend our schools.  However, what is lesser known, but just as palpable to those of us that live here, is that the same spirit that inhabits our schools is manifest in our community as a whole.  It is with this spirit that I intend on serving you as your Town Commissioner.    

In the coming weeks I will launch my website (BunkyLuffman.com) that will outline my platform.    

However, I promise you these things as the rock that my character and campaign stand upon: 

1.       I won't raise taxes
2.       You'll always know where I stand
3.       I won't lie to you
4.       You will always be able to get ahold of me to discuss any issue

I humbly ask you to remember me when you cast your ballot for Town Commissioner. 

The dates are:

Primary (if needed): Tuesday, September 27th 7am-7pm
General: Tuesday, November 15th 7am-7pm
For voting eligibility call the Delmar Town Hall: (410) 896-2777 Monday through Friday 8am-4:30pm.
God Bless America and God Bless the Wildcats of Delmar.

Tom “Bunky” Luffman, Jr.

7 comments:

JAL said...

YOU GO TOM

Anonymous said...

he is a friend of Julie Brewington Joe don't let him fool you

Joseph Albero said...

anonymous 9:59, SO WHAT?

Let me add, you are posting under anonymous with absolutely no credibility.

Put your name behind that statement so other can take you seriously. Anyoe can make such a statement.

Tom is one hell of a good man and you'd be wise to get to know him. For all we know you're Tom McGuire. Heck, I'm pretty confident that is who you are.

Bunk said...

I want to respond to the above comment. I was introduced to Julie by Joe. We smoked cigars together at Mark McIver's house some time ago. Since then Joe and Julie have had a falling out. I refuse to be in the middle. Instead, I speak to both socially. I have no wish to take sides in their dispute.

Joseph Albero said...

Thanks for clearing that up Tom. There are MANY people that I know who are friends with Julie. SO WHAT! I guess I'm supposed to run around with my friends and associates and say, it's Julie or its me. PLEASE!

Tom, Salisbury News is proud to support you. Its not very often in life we are fortunate enough to become friends with someone who does what they say. You'll win hands down, I'm very confident in that.

Thanks for offering to become a public official.

Anonymous said...

Go tom!!!

Anonymous said...

im a registered voter of Delmar and i do vote...I didnt vote for Tom McGuire last time and i wont vote for him this time...NOT ever...i don't care if its the
easter bunny, Santa Claus or the Boggie man....i will vote for whom ever runs against him...Tom stop wasteing our time by running...i'm sure there are others that feel the same way i do. Good luck Tom Luffman.... i'm looking forward to see your views on things.