Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 15, 2010

Wicomico County Sheriff's Office Press Release

Incident: Door to Door Peddlers
Date of Incident: 14 October 2010
Location: Wicomico County


Narrative: During this past week, the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office has begun receiving complaints about door to door peddlers in Wicomico County selling magazine subscriptions. Investigation of the complaints has revealed that the subscriptions are being sold on behalf of a Colorado based company. At this time, the Sheriff’s Office can not confirm the legitimacy of these sales. We ask that all residents use caution when providing their personal information or placing orders with these transient merchants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah I got suckered into this! I never fall for this stuff! $100 later on one magazine subscription! I feel so stupid (and rightfully so!)

Anonymous said...

I have had 2 of them knock on my door and the first thing they said was, " Hi. I'm a local college student and I'm selling...blah blah blah." Either they are out and out liars or they are taking advantage of the colleges and using them to make a score.