Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 15, 2010

A Letter To The Editor

Joe,

Yesterday I received a phone call from a woman who asked to speak to me, she asked using my first and last name.  She said she had noticed that I had filled out a form for an absentee ballot.  She then proceeded to tell me to vote for Michael James.  When I filled out the application, I trusted the Board of Elections to keep my information for their own use.  It asked for my phone number and next to that is printed "in case there are any questions concerning your application".  I did not send my information so that anyone running in the election could have it.  The phone call yesterday was followed up today with an envelope today with information from the Michael James campaign.  Not only was my phone number given out but now my address has also been given out to people I do not know.  I don't like this at all.  Well, if they can hand out my phone number to anyone so can I.  The information from yesterday's phone call is "Howard N" 410-524-1881.  Thanks a lot Board of Elections.  You've proven it's not only the politicians who can't be trusted.

Ticked off voter!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which county did this happen in?

Nancy Howard said...

Ticked off voter! Thanks for the exposure. I hope folks do call my number - I'll be happy to talk with anyone about voting for Michael James! "Howard N"

Unknown said...

It's a she, not a he that called. Nancy Howard called you from Ocean City. That's Worcester County.

Anonymous said...

Wow...So that explains why my son (away at college--registered for absentee ballot)got a 'special letter' from Michael James asking for his vote, but my husband and I didn't. Is there some loophole giving the Board of Elections the right to give out the phone numbers of absentee ballot voters? NOT GOOD!!!

Anonymous said...

Ms. Howard. You are very disrespectful of both people and their privacy. Consider that you may be hurting Michael James' cause with your inappropriate behavior.

Anonymous said...

Howard N...the writer's number was given without permission or knowledge. My guess is Michael James will get less votes if he counts on your sarcasm. Have a nice day:-)

Anonymous said...

Please don't let this frustration stop you from voting for Michael James. We need his conservative values in Annapolis. I have been receiving something in the mail everyday for the past week from Jim Mathias. I find it interesting that he is painting himself to be a conservative and even makes it sound like he's a republican and not the democrat that he really is.

Anonymous said...

Though I am already voting for Mathias I keep getting stuff in the mail from him... almost every day... I don't think Mr James has the political experience necessary to be my senator

Anonymous said...

Any PAC can buy the name and address of every registered voter.

Anonymous said...

Those "every day mailings" are a perfect example of big government spending--waste-waste-waste.Do we really need to continue with this mentality?

Anonymous said...

Nancy Howard you are very arrogant towards people.

Anonymous said...

and she is a member of the OC Town Council!

Anonymous said...

Ms. Howard is against Mr. Mathias. As for being arrogant, yes very much so.

Anonymous said...

She is no longer on the OC City Council. She is not campaigning FOR James but AGAINST Mathias.

Totally disgusting for a "dyed in the wool" Democrat!

VOTE MATHIAS!

Anonymous said...

Ms. Howard, your response was just plain ignorant. You did wrong and just made it worse with your reply. Dumb.