Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 18, 2010

My Fellow District 4 Voters

My name is Craig Theobald and I’m asking for your vote for the Worcester Board of Education on November 2nd. . Please take a few moments to find out why.

This past school year I became a "Community Volunteer" at the Worcester Technical High School. I donated over 400 hours to the teachers, staff and students that year and continue to do so this year. I’m retired and I have the time to dedicate myself for the betterment of our community. I enjoy giving back and I hope you’ll give me the chance to make a difference.
 
While volunteering at the school, I saw some things that concerned me. I listened to the teachers, staff and students and I heard about the problems they face. I saw wasteful spending and some staff that work very hard for very little money. So, I did some research. As a retired police officer, that kind of thing comes naturally to me. Here’s what I found:

1. School Security is virtually non-existent. This will be the first thing addressed when I become a member of the school board. This should be a concern to us all!

2. Taxpayers spend $80,000.00 a year to have a private company take our school’s trash to our own landfill! Can you believe it? Just to take out the trash! Let’s take out our own trash and put that money in the classroom.

3. The School Board members each are paid a "stipend" of $5,000.00 a year. "Stipends" are just a way to pay someone without calling it a paycheck. Over the 4 year term of the 7 of the school board members, that’s $140,000.00 of your tax dollars. And how much time do they work for that money? They meet for 3 hours a month. I want to change this. I’ll do it for $1.00 a year or $4.00 for my entire 4 year term. I’ll turn the other $19,996.00 over to fund school programs. That money belongs in the classroom!

Our teachers, staff and students need to be safe at school and I will make our schools a safer place. And our teachers, staff and students will do better if waste is trimmed and that money goes where it belongs, in the classroom.

But to do that, I’ll need your vote on November 2nd
.
My name is Craig Theobald and I’m asking for your vote for Board of Education, District 4

This mailing was paid for by the candidate.
Authorized: Judith Kolarik, Treasurer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Craig is a great guy ( and a pretty dang good cook ). He loves the kids and he wants to help. Vote for this guy!