Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 18, 2010

The Lemon Continues

Hi my name is Josephene Shockley. Your viewers may remember a story on sby news titled " MY Lemon" back in June of this year.
 
Sadly to say I have uncovered that Preston has ripped off my daughter in the sum of $3,632.86 to be exact.
 
I came about this discovery because in doing my bank records Chase had taken an extra payment from my account in May of this year prior to the buyback of this vehicle which to this day after sending Mr. Jamie Dimon CEO of  JP Morgan Chase the documents proving this.It's nice to know that a big company like Chase keeps money they know does not belong to them but that another story. I knew something was wrong but i didn't know what.
 
My daughter has yet to receive a statement for the new auto loan yet she still continues to make her payments chase response was she doesn't need statements. After going through her records I noticed three contracts dated for June25,2010. What they were doing is beyond me who makes a customer sign three contracts all with different amounts and different percent rates addresses. Strangely enough Preston didn't want her to come up and sign the paperwork at their place  they sent a salesman down to a parking lot on the west side of Salisbury to do the paperwork strange very strange. 
 
I had an expert look over the contracts and came up with what they did wrong keep in mind Mr. Wilson Jr. agreed to refund the full purchase price for the 2009 Ford Focus  with the only stipulation that my daughter had to buy from his dealership which she did. Mr. Wilson left this on the answering machine (which I still have the recording), also telling this to my daughter and son Ford and Chase I have the letters from the companies proving this. I hope I would not have to come back and report this but they have left me with no choice Mr. Wilson's assistant Dianne Vincent nor the general manager Chris Marks or the finance manger Jamie will not let me speak to Mr. Wilson I tried to call his cell phone but won't call back. I was told he was at a car show in Detroit and didn't have time to speak with me not that he can help with this whats done is done and also that I was the meanest "curse word" old miserable lady they had ever meant.
 
I hope i could report back that this was all a misunderstanding and they had fixed their problem. If the viewers are wondering why I'm writing this my daughter this whole ordeal has become to over exhausting for my daughter to handle emotionally and physically. My daughter has given me written permission to handle these concerns for her I may be 71 but I'm a fighter who won't quit. I'm enclosing my phone number in case Mr.Wilson wants to contact me and a breakdown of what the refund and purchase should have been $21,271.02(2009 purchase price)-$13,741.94 (payoff of loan) = $7529.08 to be refunded to customer-$3000 that was refunded to customer = $4529.08 that should be applied as cash down payment on the new car $22,297.36 (2010 purchase price) -$3750 (ford rebates) - $4,529.08=$14018.28 to be financed the amount the contract reads is $17,651.14 (amount financed) - $14,018.28 the correct amount that should be financed=$3,632.86 the difference that Preston owes my daughter. simple add and subtraction.
 
The way the contract reads is the price of the car was price jacked over $3,180 plus taxes on one of the three contacts.
 
Thank you Sby news

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What they were doing is beyond me who makes a customer sign three contracts all with different amounts and different percent rates addresses."

what is beyond me is someone that signs 3 contracts without reading them. they are CONTRACTS. legally binding. sorry charlie!

Anonymous said...

Don't take this up on a blog, take this up with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General and have your daughter file lawsuit with Preston and Chase. This is not the proper channel. Contact the media outlets or the Baltimore Channel media outlet that has a consumer solver segment that helps consumers with these problems. The more media exposure, not a blog, will get the satisfaction, National News and Regional news, not local news.

Anonymous said...

I think Joe's blog is an excellent place to start. But I would definitely hire a lawyer

Anonymous said...

I would like to know what makes you think the customer gets the Ford Rebates?? That is the dealerships money....They have to make a profit and that is their incentive. What you fail to realize is all the different hands that work to put a deal together, that money pays those hands. Every business has a right to make a profit. If you are a 71 year old woman, I will assume your daughter has got to be old enough to make her own decisions. She shouldn't have signed if she didnt agree...I am sure there was not a gun held to her head.

Anonymous said...

Preston strives to provide EVERY customer with a vehicle purchasing experience that exceeds their expectations in every way. In this case Preston went above and beyond what would be expected in a normal transaction, even going so far as to purchase back the original vehicle even after it was determined NOT to be a lemon. Preston has taken countless measures to try to resolve this matter with the customer and Preston will continue to serve our community and customers at the highest level of customer satisfaction that has allowed the dealership to be in business for over 30 years.

Anonymous said...

Your daughter can't handle this emotionally and physically and she's a grown woman? Wow, that's kinda sad.

Anonymous said...

Who in their right mind would EVER agree to sign THREE different contracts on one transaction?
I'm tired of hearing about this now. I believe Preston has done what was asked of them. Maybe they messed up by asking 3 contracts to be signed but the customer shouldn't have signed them.
Question - Have you reported them to the Better Business Bureau or just posted here on Joe's blog?
Have you contacted an attorney?
If you haven't done these things, then I say you're on your own.

Anonymous said...

Whoever paid $20K+ for a Focus is outta their mind!!!

Chimera said...

None of this sounds right on either side.Preston,whats your side?And ditto,who pays 20k for a Focus?

Anonymous said...

Back in the beginning your daughter could not handle this either. You and her brother had to handle everything because your daughter could not get off from work.

Many prople told you at the time to get a Lawyer. I found it interesting that your daughter had a problem with all the cars she ever bought. So stop belly aching - get a Lawyer and show all those letters and play all those tapes to him. I cannot see how anyone on here can help you especially when you failed to follow advice all the other times.

I am sure there is another side to this fiasco that we have not heard. If your daughter had no more sense than to sign three contracts as you stated, than she needs to take some blame for this mess and she should take responsibility in getting closure for the situation. I for one think your daughter is feeding you a line.

Anonymous said...

simple point made preston committed under state and federal law a felony by price jacking time for the feds to come in and go through all other records to see who else this has been done to