Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 27, 2010

A Reader Catches Louise Smith In Her Own Web Of Spin

Hi, Joe,

I'm a reader of your blog. I just want to say thanks for posting all the candidate interviews. I haven't got through them all yet, but I'm working on it.

I also want to thank you and G.A. Harrison for the articles you have done on Louise Smith and this crime package of the mayor's. Since I don't work until tonight, I got to watch all 5 of the videos G.A. posted. (I'm glad he and his kid are all right after that bad accident.)

Anyway, I could not believe my eyes and ears on those videos. You and G.A. did a great job of covering the idiotics and hippocracy (sp?) of Smith and Shields. There was one thing I picked up on that you didn't cover. Smith went off on a rant about "misstatements" as though Cohen was stupid or a liar. Well, we'll see who is stupid or a liar. The big one dealed with "14 months being too long" for the legislation to come. Smith said she heard that for the first time that night.

No it wasn't! There was a lady in public comment at the last meeting who said Smith had complained about the 14 months. The lady said that wasn't bad for 7 laws (I agree). Since this meeting Smith said this was all news to her and I thought about that lady and wondered where the lady got it from, I googled it. Found it!

The Daily Times did an article on August 3rd and here's what they said:

After 14 months of drafting and $10,000 spent in legal fees, Ireton on Monday revealed seven legislative changes he promises will make the city's code work in favor of its residents.

Okay, so it was the Daily Times that said 14 months, and it turns out the 7th change isn't a new law, so I guess you could call that a "misstatement."

But as you and Billy Mays like to say, "But Wait! There's More!"

Here's what was in the same article:

"I am perplexed by the mayor's ultimatum since it took him more than a year to create this package," Smith said. "My question is, is it going to be equitable, and that is going to take some extensive discussion and debate."

Okay, she said "more than a year" instead of "14 months." But sure sounds like a complaint about it taking too long to me! Doesn't it to you, Joe? Between this article and the lady last meeting (did Smith even listen to her?), Smith should have known this came up before.

I think Smith is either senile and forgot she said this or she has lost track of her own spin. She had the nerve to talk about discussion and debate but your videos show she is doing everything in her power to shut down discussion and debate! "Lip service" is what you called it in another article and you are so right!

I know this is a little thing, but it burns me up when someone falsely blames other people and won't take responsibility for their own words and acts. This woman campaigned on "accountability" and I haven't seen any of it from her. Just blame games and personal attacks.

You are absolutely right that Smith ought to "cut the crap and do your job". I think that should be the voters' campaign slogan to boot her out of office. Good job, Joe!

A Loyal Reader

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that slimey pig at the BOE's school year kick off this morning. She thinks she is somebody in this county.

Anonymous said...

Smith said "...is it going to be equitable, and that is going to take some extensive discussion and debate."

Debate, Louise? Do you call it debate when you do your best to eliminate any discussion or public education about this package? When you allow Shanie Shields to rant and insult everyone?


April is on the way.

Anonymous said...

We can't afford to wait til april. Let's hope someone does a recall petition to get rid of Smith, Shields and LIARTON! I am a city employee and I and many other city employees will work hard to get rid of them. Enough is enough.

Anonymous said...

Pop goes Louweasel

Anonymous said...

The equality needs to consider homeowners and property values along with the landlords. We have a slumlord operating an house converted to apartments in our neighborhood. The house is ugly, the tenants unscreened and bringing crime and social problems with them. The landkord does not care and has refused to work with the residents! The homeowners vote, not necessarily the apt tenants, although we heard the owner gave them a financial award to go vote!

Anonymous said...

The answer isn't recall. By the time that was complete it would be election time. having said tat, lots of damage can be done by SMith and Shields between now and then. We need to attend the meetings and let them know that we are dissatisfied with their lack of leadership and that gavel. We may also need to work together to hold them accountable from a legal perspective. I printed a set of Louise's rules of order from the city web site and plan to let her know when she violates her own rules.

Anonymous said...

Good for your reader who caught this. When Louweasel starts to drone her accusations, I tend to go deaf. Guess i should pay better attention!

As many times as that woman loses track of where she is in the agenda, I've wondered about the senility possibility myself!

Anonymous said...

How about the halfway house being operated at 701 Madison Street in Salisbury. Why is that happening? Isn't that a nonconforming use in a residential district? Isn't this exactly what that St. Fleur guy wanted to do on the west side and they said no, so why is it happening on Madison St.?