Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Smoking Cessation Class

Health Department begins New Smoking Cessation Class
“ARE YOU READY TO QUIT SMOKING FOR GOOD?”


Are you or someone you know ready to quit smoking for good? Do you live or work in Wicomico County?

The Wicomico County Health Department is pleased to announce a new smoking cessation class. The class will meet for ten Thursday evenings, running from August 26 - October 28, 2010. Each session will run from 5:00p.m. - 6:00p.m. Classes will be located at Wor-Wic Community College, Room AAB213.

The program offers free education and support. Participants are also eligible for quit smoking medication vouchers. These are available for nicotine replacement patches, Zyban, and Chantix.

Anyone interested in the program should call (410) 546-5311 for more information or to sign up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took advantage of this and got rid of a two pack a day, Marlboro red habit. On a Wednesday night 7 years ago I smoked my last cigarette. Zyban rocks.

Anonymous said...

if i may pry, are you still on zyban? and how much does it cost?

Anonymous said...

My husband and I both did the Chantix. He's been quit for close to 3 years. I'm SO proud of him!
I, however did not have the same success. I was only quit for 9 mos. I didn't take the full course however due to the depression the stuff was causing.
With no health insurance, it'll be a long while before I can afford to pay for something like that again.

Anonymous said...

Answers to 1:01

As long as you attend the non smoking classes, the drugs(which ever you choose) are free.

I only used it for 30 days after I quit - they make the cigarettes taste really bad.