Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, June 28, 2010

The Truth About Tokyo Steak House Dispute Yesterday

Hi Joe,

Was looking for a little help.

Sunday night I went to Tokyo Steak House with about 15 members of my family to celebrate my husband's 30th birthday. After dinner, some of us were conversing in the parking lot. My husband unlocked our car to get a bag out for his mother and did not lock the car back since we walked just a couple parking spaces over. Moments later I realized someone was bend over the driver's seat of my car, so I confronted this person. She then threw my belongings she was attempting to steal back into my car seat and tried to say she was in the wrong car. When I called her out on trying to steal, she became hostile, so I had to do my best to restrain her while screaming for help. This girl then bit me on my chest. At that time my husband came over and broke us up. The girl ended up back in the passenger seat of her vehicle, my husband jumped in the seat with her trying to keep them from leaving. The driver began to back out, and my father in law attempted to stop them as well. My father in law was thrown from the vehicle into the parking lot. He now has a broken wrist and is in surgery to have screws and plates put in his wrist. The driver drove a lap around Tokyo Steak House with my husband hanging half way out of her car, then went behind Tokyo and drove a couple laps around the Outback area trying to throw my husband from the vehicle. After a couple minutes, the driver did stop so my husband was able to get out of the vehicle, but the two girls were able to get away. SPD came and we filed a complaint. The owner of Tokyo told the officer at first that they have surveillance but was unable to get to it until Monday. Later, she told the officer she does not have surveillance, but only said she did so her employees would think there was surveillance cameras.

I was wondering if I gave some information on these two girls and their vehicle, if you could post this for me and hopefully one of your many readers would possibly know one or both of these girls.

It was a champagne color, mid size SUV with DE tags. The partial I remember from the plate is 11686 or very close to that. If I were to guess the year of the SUV, I would say possibly 2006-2008. The passenger was about 5'5" or 5'6", thin build, with really dark hair (almost, if not black) and red highlights. She had it pulled back in a tight ponytail, so the length is hard to guess, but I would say probably shoulder length and her ponytail appeared to be wavy.

I didn't get a good look at the driver since she never exited the vehicle, but my husband says she was "husky" but not "fat" and her hair was lighter than the passenger's but not blonde. The driver has tattoos of paw prints (possibly like raccoon prints or something other than cat or dog) with sharp claws on her right leg above her knee as if they were crawling up her leg.

One of the girls also had a tattoo of a bird on her shoulder. As contradicting as this sounds, it could have been a hummingbird or it could have been an eagle. I am thinking these girls could have possibly been sisters, as they seem to favor each other in looks. Also, the name they gave to the receptionist at the restaurant was "Joy".

If anyone could please help us out. What these girls did was not right, not one bit.

Thank you so much for your help Joe!

24 comments:

BF99 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

lmclain said...
That much of a commotion a hundred yards away from the STATE POLICE BARRACKS and the Salisbury Police responded??? If they had only forgotten to buckle up, those girls would be in jail now....lol...

12:54 PM

Yep, Salisbury tries to handle their own calls. How ever MSP posted a broadcast about the description of the vehicle headed on Rt. 13 North towards Delmar. By then they are long gone into Delaware.

Anonymous said...

no one was trying to be on the A team and no this was not drug related. Keep in mind i was asking anyone knew these girls, not asking for some of these "professional" ignorant comments. And if you must know Anon 2:36 it was a black Ipod a pink Ipod an empty cigarette box and 3 pair of new earrings that were sitting in the cup holder.

These girls are white and appear to be in their early 20s.

And no they used a gift certificate to pay at the restaurant.

Anonymous said...

it is a weird story but not impossible to believe. in the heat of the moment all people respond differently. some people think better in a crisis than others. that doesnt mean the victims were trying to buy drugs or prostitutes. it just means that maybe they acted on impulse and without thinking when he jumped in the car. people in general are fed up with crooks taking what they did not earn.

Anonymous said...

"This girl then bit me on the chest."

Better see a doctor, especially if it broke the skin. You never know...

Anonymous said...

BF99 I don't know what kind of person you are, but if someone attacked and bit my wife -- I would also do my best to detain that person till the police arrived. Also- I don't know what kind of cell phone you have, but mine doesnt take very good pics in the dark -- you should try it sometime. And my father would probably try to help me if he thought I was in trouble. You seem a little weird to me...probably even drug related issues...since you didnt provide any info on yourself....yeah -- I'm thinking drugs.

Anonymous said...

Way to go A-Team family and apparently how you reacted was the RIGHT way because you got your ipods back. Maybe next time those girls will think twice when they decide to steal things from other people.

Anonymous said...

I called in a drunk driver in Salisbury once to the MSP, and was told that it wasn't their jurisdiction. HUH?

BF99 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BF99 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Alot of people say that you shouldn't do anything and to just get a description and call the police. Well, I think its time to take back our streets. I'm tired of the innocent always being the victim. How about we start cracking skulls and then call the police (and ambulance). If I catch someone doing that, i will beat them with whatever I can get hold of.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the notion of getting tag number and calling police, but I have to say too many of those kinds of reports never get any resolution to them. I've been the victim three times in 7 years, one at work and two personal, and have never heard another word as to what if anything happened to close those cases. AND two of them we gave name, address, date of birth of the criminal.
If I had a chance to get my stuff back I would.

Anonymous said...

Did the husband consider simply beating the crap out of the girls while inside the car?

Try placing your thumb into the eye. Push really really hard. It causes tremendous pain and will make it quite difficult to drive.

Anonymous said...

Next time either fight like heck or stay out of it and look at the plates.

Wrestling is for actors on television.

Anonymous said...

But I thought this sort of thing only happened in the "big bad city". Its not only less safe here but the amount of career criminals around and the sheer number of unsolved crimes is AMAZING. I'd bet the crime to capture ratio here is 100:1. Murders, tons of robberies and petty thefts almost weekly. Ive never lived in an area like this where ppl chose to deny so much about a place instead of actually doing something about the problem. Pretty sad!

Anonymous said...

Two words......PEPPER SPRAY.

Ruins their day and makes it easier for the police to catch them. Fill the whole friggin' car with it. They gotta breathe and they won't do it inside the car once you fill it up.

Anonymous said...

I agree with anon 5:13. It is time to fight back. Our police officers are so under staffed compared to the crimes in this city. They are doing the best they can but we can't be victims. REFUSE to be a victim! Once a criminal commits a crime and gets away with it, they continue. However if their attempt is unsuccessful and met with resistance, they WILL think twice about doing it again. Look at the states with conceal and carry, their crime rates are down. Why? because those criminals know that they are not the only ones with the advantage of having a weapon. Liberal laws = more crimes. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Anonymous said...

Ask the officer handling the case to look into a woman named Joy Cabral. It's a long shot, but she matches the description and has been in plenty of trouble.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Outback or another business would have video surveillance cameras?

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness the husband was not hurt in the process. I agree the woman should go to a dr and get checked out. You can get many types of diseases from a human bite. Good thing the dumb azz
b&*%$#es had tattoos! Hope they get caught! By the way they acted I'm sure they must have a rap sheet a mile long! Can't believe they drug the man around the lot! Probably drunk, high, or desperate...and stupid!

Unknown said...

If the criminals were in fact also patrons of the restaurant and paid by gift card Tokeo might be able to trace the purchaser of the gift card. Most have a 16 digit number similar to a credit card number on them that they can trace. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

8:44 Wasp spray.

Anonymous said...

Leave your purse at home and carry a gun. The hell with MD laws, take your chances with a jury of 12. I'm sick of crime and criminals getting away with everything around here. Cops can only do so much. People here have alligator mouths and chicken butts. Run their mouths like they are bad asses until push comes to shove then their chicken butts stay home hiding because they don't want to get involved. Get a gun and a license to carry. If you can't get the license get the gun anyway.

Anonymous said...

10:20 Anon
I certainly hope that YOU called the police with that information and didn't just simply post it here on thie blog!