Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Pedestrian Arrested For Possessing Drug Paraphernalia


Location: US 13, North of Gordy Road, Laurel, DE
Date of Occurrence: Tuesday June 1, 2010 at 1:25 a.m.
Suspect: Michael L. Blackburn, 21, Delmar, DE

Resume:

Delaware State Police have arrested a Delmar man after he was stopped and found in possession of drug paraphernalia and a prescription drug.

Early this morning a state trooper saw Blackburn walking along an unlit portion of the highway. The trooper stopped Blackburn to check on his welfare. He found that Blackburn’s eyes were glassy and he[Blackburn] appeared to be under the influence. The trooper located two syringes and a controlled substance in his possession.

Blackburn was transported to the Laurel Police Department where he was charged with Possession of a Syringe, Possession of Non Controlled Prescription Drug, Failing to Carry a Light on a Public Roadway and Drunk on the Highway. He was arraigned at J P Court 3 and was released on $202 unsecured bail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a bum! I feel bad for law enforcement, paramedics, and nursing staff who have to be exposed to people like this and risk getting a disease! Thank God there are people willing to do those jobs because I could not.

tedh said...

Yo dude I was profiled because I looked stoned. Hey I always look like this man. I thought profiling was illegal? LOL

lmclain said...

WOW.....I've been broken down on the side of the road and watched a dozen cops drive by and not even turn their head....I guess I should have started walking to a gas station or something to get their attention...but then I would have been arrested for "walking without a light" LOL!!! My car?? Towed away by the "caring" police department....LOL!! Is there also a charge for walking without a selt beat on??? Oh snap!! I bet I just named the next item on next year's legislative agenda....and will the fine will double if you are in a construction zone??