Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Daily Times Comments Soar To "31" Today


I had a little spare time today to go over to the Daily Times Website and count up the amount of comments on their Site for today's articles.

The total so far is 31 comments, 18 of which came from their Grapevine comments. Here's the deal though. I sometimes engage in comments but while people like JT have three, (or more) names, they get together every time I put up a comment and work the system by clicking the abuse button and they get my comment, (as well as others) booted off.

Well, two can play that game. That's why I contacted Greg Bassett and informed him what's going on and he agreed, something needs to be done about that. The reason something needs to be done is the absolute fact that when Joe Albero gets on there, comments go through the roof. Mind you, it's a hand full of people with several different accounts bashing me but that's cool, I can handle that.

The problem is, once everyone comes to learn that people like JT, JR, MD, BT, LC and the likes start controlling ALL of the conversations on the Daily Times, the Daily Times will in fact start losing more and more business and they agree.

The Daily Times is in the business of telling a story and hopefully people hold a healthy discussion that is ON TOPIC. What they're seeing is people personally attacking someone and always completely off the topic at hand. On Salisbury News, we too enjoy healthy debate on issues but the difference is, we can concentrate on moderation and rejecting any comment that goes off topic and or personal attacks.

The bottom line is, the Daily Times has their work cut out for them. They now have to figure out a way to allow my comments, (as well as others) to stay up there without someone beating their system. If they want to achieve a broader Internet audience they're just going to have to figure it out. We discussed one way of how to handle it and they're considering it. In due time we'll see what happens. However, for a company that claims to still have a larger audience than Salisbury News, 31 comments for them today, 163 comments so far today for Salisbury News and growing almost every single minute. You be the judge.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Daily Times is a factual MSM newspaper. The Salisbury News is ????????????

Orsonwells said...

I just got home an hour and a half ago, and brought up your blog, Joe. I just finished the first go- round and refreshed to find this. I can't recall when it ever took me an hour and a half to read the DT and still not be finished with it! And there's still no Netflix pop up window!

Nice job today, and every day. Thanks for what you do!

Anonymous said...

If you can show me proof of your online readership versus the Daily Times online readership, then we can talk apples to apples. Meantime, you're just running your mouth - and I LIKE your blog! Not to mention their corporate site has its hands tied on procedures, while you can allow or disallow comments as you please. It doesn't seem like a fair comparison.

joealbero said...

Now that I know you read my comment, I puylled it. LMAO!

Anonymous said...

I love your website i read it at least twice a day. You always have a lot to read and a lot of news and it's good to see other peoples opinions on here as well. Everyone's just a hater joe albero your site kicks ass!!! YAY ROCK ON!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you've heard it before Joe...If I want to know what's going on in this area, I go directly to SBYNEWS.com. I feel that your site has the most current local news. I cannot tell you how many times I have read/seen something here before it's on (if at all) WBOC or WMDT--quite frankly, I don't even watch them anymore. Please, keep it going. Thanks and God bless!