Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 16, 2009

What Do You Think The Odds Are Of This Happening?


Last night I was posting a comment on Two Sentz Blog and I hadn't scrolled down to the bottom enough to notice the Word Verification until I was almost done writing it. Once I did I then noticed ablero, almost albero. Has this ever happened to you? Of course not, too many of you write comments anonymously. Nevertheless, I have been doing this for many years now and have never seen anything close to this. The odds have to be very slim.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even with anonymously left messages you still have to fill in the word verification on your web page comments. It will kick back if you don't.

Anonymous said...

A fun coincidence, Joe, nothing more. 8:11 is right...we all get the word verify.

I got one recently, a real word for once, that described what I was thinking about the post!

Onoudidnt said...

Never seen a racey word but there has to be one coming :)

Anonymous said...

I think it would be fun to start a thread where each commenter had to "define" his/her verification word or use it in a sentence like ebonics. Something like this...

Molish - a person who's father is Polish and mother hails from Morocco.

If you thought that being a minority was tough, try being Molish!

joealbero said...

That's funny! Molish!

Anonymous said...

I'm anonymous and see the word scramble all the time. Anyway FYI:
The odds are:
1 in 1,526,642 for a 6 non repeating letter name, in correct order.

Anonymous said...

9:06 you need a hobby if you figured out what the odds are. Joe i find it funny that you dont know the ins and outs of your web-page!

Anonymous said...

9:11 - Mathematics is my hobby!

Anonymous said...

I got a "whiney democrat" capta once on Facebook.

Anonymous said...

Acording my calculations, the odds of having a 6 letter word com up close to the name of the blog originator is about 1867725 to 1
If it had been dead on it would have been 2799802 to 1 You asked.

Chimera said...

What did they used to call those words what "were not words but should be" ? LOL.
I liked 8:58's idea.Molish....hehe