Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, July 27, 2009

Customer Service at Johnson's Feed & Seed

I decided to write in hopes you would let people know about the customer service at Johnsons Feed & Seed on Isabella St. We hear so much about the bad service provided by businesses.

Last week I stopped in to buy Brussel Sprout seeds for my fall garden, they didn't have any available. The lady working that day(I wish I had gotten her name),asked if I would like to order them. She immediately picked up the phone and called her supplier to see if there were any to be delivered in her order for the next day, if not, she asked them to put them in her order for Monday delivery. This morning I received a phone call from Johnson's that my seeds were there. That is customer service and that is the reason I have been buying my seed and plants from them since the 1980's when Q Johnson owned it and will continue to spend my locally earned money there now that the Ashcrafts own it, again.

Another reason I buy my veggie plants from them is because they buy them from a local grower. I have always been of the opinion that you must take care of home (local businesses)first. These people live in our community, spend in our community and provide a service to our community. They should be supported by others in the community as well.

Thank you to Johnson's Feed & Seed for your continued outstanding customer service.

Editors note: Thank you for sharing your experience with this locally owned and operated business. I too am a long time customer of this business and agree with you, they can't be beat when it comes to customer service.

18 comments:

citygoer said...

Around here this kind of customer service isnt the norm. I cant tell you how many local businesses never return my calls. Be thankful businesses like this are around here. I just wish there were more places with their service skills.

Anonymous said...

We also go to Johnson's for any and all lawn/yard/garden items. Not only are they helpful but they are knowledgeable! You can't find that anywhere else! Kudos!

Anonymous said...

Johnson's Seed and Feed now has a facebook page! Add yourself as a fan and be updated with all the sales!

Anonymous said...

That lady was Ann and she is awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

We always go to Johnson's Seed N Feed. Very knowledgable and courteous staff.

Andie Davis said...

They ARE amazing! We were in there recently to buy dog food, and they carried it to the car for us and were very helpful in choosing the one that would best help our dog's allergies. Our Vet is actually in Laurel, DE, and they send people to Johnson's for dog food because they know they will get good service.

It is nice to know there is a nice place to shop in town! Hooray for Johnson's Seed & Feed!

Anonymous said...

They give great service! They help load items in your car, etc!

Anonymous said...

I always shop there for my dog food. Regardless of the size bag, they always carry it out and put it in my car. Top quality products and top quality service!!
JH

Anonymous said...

As soon as I walk in there they grab the dog food that I always buy and carry it to my car for me...love these people... and my dog loves the "Chicken Soup" dog food...lol

AR-15 said...

I buy as much as I can from them and only go to Tractor Supply as a last resort. Their Potomac Orchardgrass hay seed is great. The soil analysis was free.

Anonymous said...

yep, my wife and i go there for many things. friendly and helpful people. always...

Anonymous said...

I happen to know Cale Ashcraft, the examples given here are what you get with this guy as a friend too. All I can say is class act!

Anonymous said...

I should have mentioned the pack of seeds was only a $1.25 purchase. I also asked that she call me when the fall veggie plants are in. I know I can count on that call. What other business would go out of their way for a $1.25 sale?

I am also loyal to Farmers & Planters, those folks also know how to treat a customer. It would ask either Farmers and Planters or Johnsons to special order something for me before I'd go to a big box store.

Anonymous said...

Johnson's Feed and Seed gets as much business as I can give them. Cudos to them!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Johnson's Seed & Feed...been shopping there for years!!!It is nice that they carry your purchases to your car for you...just wish they could come home with me and unload them at home too! Good sales going on now on all of their plants/shrubs....fall is the best time to plant! Way to go Johnson's!!

Anonymous said...

what is their facebook url? I couldn't find them.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear there is a business around here that gives such great service. After a recent visit to Farmer's and Planter's I came in contact with a young woman working there who apparently didn't know anything about the products being sold in the store. I asked her the simplest of questions and she had to get someone else to help me. I know when I was growing up you were supposed to know at least something! Thankfully there was a kind older woman who seemed to be very resourceful and knowledgable about her products as well as many other things, I believe her name was Nancy. My purchases were then rung up by a woman by the name of Shannan who was also very nice and helpful. Service with a smile is what i received! I was very pleased after I left, unlike when I first entered. I just wished when I would have asked the young girl for help I would have atleast received something other than a blank stare.

Anonymous said...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Salisbury-MD/Johnsons-Seed-and-Feed/107435154444