Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 19, 2009

Brooke Mulford Update


Heelllooo everybody!!! Its me Brookie the super hyper party girl. It has been a really long time since I have had time to sit still with Daddy and go over all my activities. I have been having play dates, Tea Cup parties, kids Mani/Pedi, Outside Movies, lots of walks, dancing and been an eating machine! Just last night I was the guest of honor at a pizza party at Grammy’s house. I just ran around and danced for hours. I went to bed at 11PM last night, I was just feeling so good and didn’t want it to end. I have a new dance I have come up with, its called my Cancer Dance. I stomp out Cancer and throw it away and end by saying Cancer Fears Me!

Before we left I also got to open all my cards and things people have presented to me along my journey the first 6 months. I am so grateful to everyone for keeping my spirits high and being by my side. At times there was so much stuff it was overwhelming and Mommy and Daddy wanted me to appreciate each card, letter, gifts, handmade items and just everything to keep me going on some days. I also had an afternoon at Market Street where both our local news stations were there and Mommy and Daddy spoke to everyone to tell them where we have been in this process and where we are now going. I was also presented with a check from Madison Taylor who sold a lot of doggie treats, Jenny Palmer and Cathy Marshall from the Beat the Beast team did the formal presentation of the check for my Neuroblastoma Research Fund. We also stated that over the past 6 months from the love and support from our local community, our communities where we used to live in NJ and all over the world from donations and fund raisers that between my Brooke Mulford United Way Account, my Gift Medical Account and my Neuroblastoma Research Fund around a $100,000.00 has been raised. This is so wonderful to help my family as we fight this cancer for at least another year with the Transplant procedures and then Antibody treatments, but at the same time raising money to help with research to fight Cancer that will benefit other people. Daddy has also been able to use Market Street to help many people so far as we are more aware of what truly is important in this world.

We all are in Philly right now at CHOP getting ready to begin the process for the Transplant. I am hooked up to fluids and waiting for my room that I will be spending the next 30 days in. I will be getting Chemo for the next 6 days, a day of recovery and then next Friday will be the day of Transplant. I then will be here for the next 3 to 4 weeks to recover. I then will come home for 6 weeks and if all tests are ok I will come back and do the process again. The clinical study I am in radominized me and I am eligible for 2 transplants. I will then have to stay at home until around next April as I recover and my body is able to fight off infection. I will then at some point begin Antibody treatments. I still have a very long road ahead of me, but I also have come a really long way. Well Daddy needs to get this posted so everyone knows what is going on with me. Over the next couple of days Daddy will be speaking to you, posting medical procedures and road maps, pictures, and what I have exactly done over the last 3 weeks and talking to you as well. I will also be chiming in to keep you all straight, you all know by now sometimes Daddy gets sidetracked. For now everybody, Brookie is back to fight this Cancer and BEAT THIS CANCER!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! You will win this fight!!! Keep smiling and eating pizza!

Anonymous said...

We love you, Brooke, and pray for good things for you.

Love,
The friends you've never met.

Anonymous said...

Bless you Miss Brooke! Your dance made me thing of the song..
I hope you Dance and my prayers and thoughts are with you. I like to play music when I am house cleaning you can bet when the right dance song comes on, I WILL be dancing YOUR dance FOR you!
Hugs and well wishes,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Life is precious.

Keep living.

Julie said...

Much Love to Brooke and her family.

Keep up the good work.

xoxoxoxox

Julie

Anonymous said...

God is with you baby girl! He is there with your mommy and daddy too.
We are all praying for you and your family!
God Bless

Anonymous said...

Some "Mirrors" I shutter at, woah, I think the Tumblers are on your side sweet-heart, you put me in perspective.

Anonymous said...

brooke we all are so glad to hear you are doing better. keep dancing baby and keep your spirits up my family will be praying for you and your family.I want to hear more stories about your pizza parties!!!

Anonymous said...

God Bless you Brooke!! You are so young yet so strong. May this procedure help to put your cancer in remission or better yet cure it. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Moon Willow said...

It warms my heart to see this little girl living her life to the fullest. Somehow I believe she's going to beat this illness.

Chimera said...

Alot of total strangers out here love you and are rooting for you kiddo!