Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 19, 2009

3 Years Ago Today


This was the scene 3 years ago today at the Salisbury Zoo. During a two week period I had found a dozen or so mauled animals at the Zoo and even confronted Ron Alessi at a Zoo Commission Meeting as to why nothing had been done about these caged animals being attacked by a Raccoon. Mr. Alessi was clueless as former Zoo Director Jim Rapp refused to inform anyone of the problem. When I told Mr. Alessi this was happening every single day, he was clearly very upset and angry.

When I left the Zoo Commission Meeting I walked over the the boardwalk on the river, looked down and found yet another one. Fortunately the Zoo has a new Director and I'm confident he wouldn't wait till a dozen of their animals were found mauled before he'd set a trap like Jim Rapp finally did.

It was no wonder why the Zoo wanted Joe Albero out of there so desperately.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Jim Rapp is gone.

Anonymous said...

Joe...I know it is the bitter truth that animals die...but that pic is just a little to graphic for me to stomach. Do you think you could make it something you have to click on to view??

joealbero said...

Tell that to the thousands upon thousands of CHILDREN Jim Rapp subjected these images to over those two weeks. Mind you, I even went in there around 8:00 AM to be sure they were taken care of and they, (in most cases) refused to remove them for most of the day.

Sorry but this is a reality and the photo stays up.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Joe, even though the photo is graphic, it is what it is. Why down play the ignorance on the part of Rapp? Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening. Many people need to see it to open their eyes that it cannot be ignored.