Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Salisbury, The Safest City In America











Now that's refreshing! These were the words Mayor Jim Ireton expressed last night. Ireton, verbose at times, took the earlier moments when he first arrived to recognize, win or lose, as many of the people he could recall who worked so hard to make this process a success. I eventually found/stole a seat you fire up my laptop because I knew the announcement was just moments away and someone even took my picture doing so, thanks. They tell me, You've Been Blogged Joe Albero." LOL

I want to take a brief moment to express my own thanks to the entire Ireton/Campbell/Polk Campaigns. Ladies & Gentlemen, without all of these wonderful people busting their rear ends, educating the public. There were many lies and obstacles in which Jim Ireton and Debbie Campbell handled with complete class and refused to address many of them as they simply were not going to play the same game. They ran an honest and fair campaign and guess what, they won.

For the very first time in some 12 years the citizens of Salisbury are actually going to receive accountability, honesty, open government. I truly enjoyed the comment that came in asking citizens to pick up the trash when they see something on the streets. Good for you! It's a new day in the City of Salisbury and we need to take some time and allow our new Mayor to make some immediate changes, interview Department Heads and start that very long journey towards recovery.

The photos above are just some samples of yesterday in which I hope you enjoy. I have nothing bad to say today and I'm somewhat at a loss and quite frankly I think Mr. Ireton just screwed up Salisbury News, something I'm just going to have to get used to I guess. Nevertheless, we're not going anywhere any time soon. As much as I really need a break and as much as I would truly enjoy getting away for a brief period of time, there's still a whole lot of work to do. Don't you think for a moment that we won't continue to expose anything and everything that comes our way. That includes Mr. Ireton's day to day successes and failures. I have shared with Mr. Ireton that if it is cold in the GOB to please wear a jacket or we're going to expose him, that's just the way we are. LOL

Thank You Citizens. We backed this man because we believe in this man. He won't let you down. Enjoy this day in history. The winner of this race was the Citizens of Salisbury!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, GREAT job helping to get rid of the trash in town!! Wouldn't you have just loved to be sitting there when Trashy Barry learned the news? Makes me smile just thinking about it!

Now...that crooked, pompous a** Webster has to go next!! Everyone who backs the new Mayor please do your part in getting rid of this huckster who's 'supposed' to be protecting us!

Anonymous said...

wow Joe... think its time to upgrade your wifi adapter for that laptop... LOL!

R. Budd Dwyer's .357 said...

Hey Joe,

Any chance you can upgrade your wardobe? LOL Your favor place to shop, Sam's Club, does sell dress shirts. Or were you dressed like that just in case BUBBA won? LOL

Anonymous said...

Wonder what kind of nasty little gifts witch dingle berrie will leave for Jim other than the mess you can see on the surface. First thing he needs to do is clean house anyway.

joealbero said...

R, Budd, LOL

Have you ever had a favorite shirt, (or in this case sweat shirt) that you just really liked? I had a jacket over it but it's the thickest sweat shirt I own and I have never been able to find one as thick anywhere else. Anyhow, I'll wear it until it completely falls apart. I took my jacket off to put up the post and I got snagged. Oh well, it is what it is.

Anonymous said...

R, Budd, Are you judging a book by it's cover? We love Joe for who he is, not what he wears. They "dress" up Gary, that doesn't help what comes out of his mouth, or who/what he represents. So ease up on what Joe wears...I'm sure Jennifer has it in the wash when he's asleep, and he has it back on as soon as it's out of the dryer! Remind me not to wear my favorite outfit around you more than once! cj

Anonymous said...

Joe you gotta get any evidence of tampering within the slumlords rental proposals.Nail their ass to the cross.

Anonymous said...

Sure people have a comfy favorite shirt... most just don't where it out and have pictures taken in it!

joealbero said...

Here's the difference between you and me. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks. I spent most of my adult life dressed up in yes, three piece suits and then two piece suits. Those days are long over with and I will dress any way I so please. If you are the type that judges people by the way they dress, well, it's very clear you'd have me all wrong because I can buy and sell you a thousand times over and still never be even close to broke. Try that shirt on for size.

Anonymous said...

There's no more denying it. Salisbury News can make or break anyone in politics.

Tidewaterbound said...

Go comfy Joe, you earned it.

Anonymous said...

As a single female, I think Joe look pretty HOT no matter what he is wearing!
And yes, before you blast me, I know he is a happily, married man and I am am a NOT some sort of freak! I just appreciate some nice eye candy once in a while...lol
I'm only human!

Anonymous said...

Good lord R. Budd we just got some peace in this city and you want Albero to open that wallet and buy a new shirt? Have you ever been around when he opens his wallet? There is a resounding SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKK that is so ear piercing it sets every dog in the county to barking. Ann Taylor has asked Joe to NEVER open his wallet when he is on the plaza because she can't afford to replace all the windows that will be shattered from the sound.

dinosaur said...

Joe--I agree, it's not what a man wears thats important but who he is on the inside. You have a successful blog and I applaud the time and energy you spend bringing us daily information. However I feel the comment to Anonymous 2:35 about " buying and selling him a thousand times over was" out of line and unnecessary.

Anonymous said...

That Chris Demone is one good looking man.

Anonymous said...

You can put a chimp in a $700 suit, but all you still have is Bubba