Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Jesus And The Democrat

A Republican in a wheelchair entered a restaurant one afternoon and asked the waitress for a cup of coffee.
The Republican looked across the restaurant and asked, "Is that Jesus sitting over there?"

The waitress no dded "yes," so the Republican requested that she give Jesus a cup of coffee, on him.

The next patron to come in was a Libertarian with a hunched back.He shuffled over to a booth, painfully sat down, and asked the waitress for a cup of hot tea.
He also glanced across the restaurant and asked, "Is that Jesus over there?"
The waitress nodded, so the Libertarian asked her to give Jesus a cup of hot tea, "My treat."

The thi rd patron to come into the restaurant was a Democrat on crutches. He hobbled over to a booth, sat down and hollered,
"Hey there, honey! How's about gettin' me a cold glass of Miller Light?"
He, too, looked across the restaurant and asked, "Is that God's boy over there?"
The waitress once more nodded, so the Democrat directed her to give Jesus a cold glass of beer. "On my bill," he said.

As Jesus got up to leave, he passed by the Republican, touched him and said, "For your kindness, you are healed." The Republican felt the strength come back into his legs, got up, and danced a jig
out the door.

Jesus also passed by the Libertarian, touched him and said, "For your kindness, you are healed." The Libertarian felt his back straightening up, and he raised his hands, praised the Lord and did a series of back flips out the door.

Then, Jesus walked towards the Democrat.

The Democrat jumped up and yelled, "Don't touch me ... I 'm collecting disability."

9 comments:

The "C" word said...

An aquantance of mine told me about this web site. They told me as I also read it was not bias as the Daily Times seemed to be. Coming to the Eastern Shore from Northern Virginia where I was registered neither as a Democrat nor a Republican, I felt my vote would go to whomever I felt could do the job the best. Yes, in Virginia registered like this you can vote in primarys registered as non partician. I was enjoying all the non bias news Salisbury News was giving me and I felt informed. Until the election and since the election I have found that Salisbury News has become somewhat like the Daily Times. Case and point the joke about the Republican, etc. and Jesus. Ouch, and the Democrat said don't touch me I am on disability. What kind of message is this sending to those of us who are non-partisian? I relize that this is a private web site and so are the postings. But doesn't anyone keep to their beliefs anymore? Oh well so onward I tread to find the local news web site that is truly non partisian. Personally I only wish Salisbury News the best of luck to the few they now cater to. Too bad I really thought I had hit the real deal.

joe albero said...

Debera,

First of all let me thank you for using your name.

While the City of Salisbury is riddled with so much crime recently and bad news, throwing in pieces of humor here is a must. That's exactly what this piece is, humor.

One of the really cool things about a Blog is that you can react, just as you have done. You can voice your opinion and if the owner of the Blog care, they'll listen to those complaints and make changes where necessary.

As far as our being like the Daily Times, well, first of all we're FREE. Secondly, I think many would agree that we're quite the opposite. We deliver news, they throw a twist to it a few days later, if they even choose to write something at all. Take Sheriff Jones as an example. We broke a story 3 or 4 days ago about charges against him and they haven't said a word.

Anyhow, it's your choice and right to come here. We can only hope you see the humor in this Post and not take it to heart. Have a great day and again, thank for visiting Salisbury News.

Anonymous said...

while I see it was meant to be a joke, its really quite sad because its truthful....and I'm a republican with a sense of humor....dont be so closed minded Debera

Anonymous said...

As humor consigliere for Carrot-Top-it is actually a promising sign that you consider "The Big J" fair game in your routine.

Anonymous said...

The case in California where the woman who had eight kids proves this is correct. The woman received disability payments because she couldn't work. She used that money to have eight kids, California will now have to pay to raise those eight kids and the six she already has because she is broke. Due to the states lax disability rules and nanny state culture, we’ve seen democrats’ policies spiral out of control.
She is not healthy enough to sit at a computer and type yet she can bore eight children.
This is clear case of entitlements gone amok. This is a sign of things to come.

Anonymous said...

I suspect the Rebublican would not recognize Jesus.

Anonymous said...

With his long hair and robe the Republican would immediately identify him as known terrorist and order a missle-armed drone to take him out. Really, this is a sick joke.

Anonymous said...

I assure you that as a republican I would know Jesus because he has been saving us from the Democrats for years.
This was a joke and if it were the other way around I am sure it would prove the republicans have a better sense of humor and this wouldn't be a topic just a LOL.

The "C" word said...

Joe,

I must apologize to you and the others bloggers. In this day and age I have forgotten to stop and smell the humor. I totally agree with everything you have said. For my sake I really need to lighten up and not take things so seriouly. Humor can and will get alot of us through these hard times. I do enjoy your blog and I also enjoy the fact that if and when something happens in Salisbury I can pull this up way before the Daily Times, WBOC and WMDT. And I can also get to the truth of the matter. For that I thank you. I told my older son's the joke they found it funny and told me to lighten up Mom don't be so serious. So, with this said I promise to stop and smell the humor. And unlike Capitol Hill, Washington DC. I will look at the postings as being non bias. You have to report the fact's you can't change who they are about for fear of being bias that is just silly. So as they would say in the 70's keep on keeping on. And thanks for the speedy response to you and Reese Bobby. Sorry have a hard time with folks that use Anonymous instead of their names.