Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

One Year Ago Today


It was one year ago today we discovered the Salisbury Police Department lead by Chief Webster had installed this camera directly across the street from my building at 300 W. Main Street. It was very clear to me the Chief's paranoia coupled with Mayor Barrie Tilghman's paranoia that they wanted to see just who was walking through my front doors.

If you think that's bad, they actually learned that if they relocated the camera to the west side of the building the camera is installed on, they could get an even better view of my building, so they did just that.

The GRANTS that came in for these cameras were for very high crime areas. 300 W. Main Street is NOT at all considered a high crime area. In fact, it was my understanding that these cameras had to go into places where there was a high risk of illegal gun usage.

So here's what I'd like to ask the Daily Times. If the Graffiti you refused to cover Downtown wasn't such a big deal then why are there cameras all over the Downtown area? Where's all the crime Chiefy, is it Downtown where you have in fact placed numerous spy cameras?

One of the many reasons you need to go is because you spend entirely too much time trying to catch Joe Albero doing anything wrong instead of concentrating on real Police work. Installing this camera where there is NO CRIME as well as some of the other areas Downtown that aren't necessary shows your paranoia. Now if you had placed it on Church Street and some of the other high crime areas, even along Rt. 13 where there are so many prostitutes, you wouldn't even have to send cars to that area. You could just view them on camera, collect tag numbers and have Officers pull the cars over, period.

Oh well, I'm not going to show you how to keep your job. I think you suck as the Chief of Police and I personally hope they run you out of Salisbury with your tail between your legs, just as Barrie Tilghman is doing.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want one in front of my house!

mommaneedswine said...

I would like one in front of my house, also, please.

Anonymous said...

Dang it!!!! I forgot that it was there. I would have mooned him the last time that I came out of your office!

drive4success said...

i think they should be in every public area. i don't care if people see me on a camera....I'M ALREADY IN PUBLIC!!!

i would love to know how large of a camera network we could have for 1/2 of what was spent on the new firehouse.

Anonymous said...

We need one in front of shanies house if we could only find it.

Anonymous said...

anon 11:59am=They need one over at Parsons Cemetary on North Division St.to monitor Comegys safety parking the state vehicle there.

Anonymous said...

They probably wanted to look at all the mold on the side of your building.

Anonymous said...

Joe can you get a blowup of the cameras?
I'm trying to read what that box on the cameras pole says.
Is that a WI-FI internet antenna?

Anonymous said...

Can I tell you that someone has been driving over the graves in Parsons Cemetery and the tire marks lead to Gary's house, I am not saying it is Gary, just that they lead to Gary 's house. We have seen the track ourselves.

Wanda L. Disharoon

Anonymous said...

Put a sheet over the camera.
Get a mirror & aim the sun at it.

At night get a green laser beam.

Anonymous said...

Joe wanna know why they aren't used for that type of proactive police work....cause no body can get the things to work in a YEAR!!! The guys on the street want them to work, but they dont ever work or if they do not well from what i hear.