Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Barns Of Wicomico County













Things are changing within the landscape of the Eastern Shore. I took a short ride this past weekend and captured these photos along the way. I remember riding down Rt. 301 heading South bound when I was much younger and seeing the tobacco hanging in the Barns wherever you looked. It was sad to see those Barns disappear 30 years ago and now I'm seeing it happen here. Bummer!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know we will never always agree Joe but dang it I find beauty from afar at the sight of most of them ole gems. Just reminds me of good times forgotten.

Is it a hazzard? Yup but so is riding a motorcycle with no helmet. It's the law but it forces people against it to get the smallest one they can find and would probaly do more harm than good. Myself I wear full coverage.

Anonymous said...

Joe, I traveled that route too in my younger days.The aroma of the tobacco has not been forgotten.Hardhead

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of the economy.

MelissaW said...

Is photo #2 on Meadow Bridge Rd?
How about photo #10?

They both look SO familiar, so I know I've ridden by them a million times.

Anonymous said...

Pictures of our economy - broken down and ready to collapse. But don't worry. Obama says a gallon of expensive paint will restore these barns.

Anonymous said...

What a shame to see these old landmarks slowing slipping away .I'm sure there were some fond memories associated with each structure.

Anonymous said...

Looks like some of the houses on DE AVE and the Church st area

Anonymous said...

At least they are crumbling with dignity, and not destroyed unceremoniously to make room for a new subdivision.

Anonymous said...

#2 is on Waller Road and #10 is Spring Hill Rd (DE)