Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 19, 2009

Sunday On The Downtown Plaza



It was January 15th, 2007 in THIS ARTICLE where I first mentioned Mike Dunn and Gary Comegys discussing how they needed to tackle the trash issue on the Plaza. See the pictures above, that was just yesterday on the Plaza. How's it working for you Gary?

I welcome you to go to the top left corner of this Blog and type in two words in the search box. "Trash Plaza. That's all you'll need to see just how many years I go back with this issue proving the Mayor couldn't care less about how bad the problem is and it will also show you how long the Daily Times has ignored the problem, yet now claims the Mayor is the hero of the Downtown Plaza as one of her major accomplishments to the City. IDIOTS!

Gary made promisses as simple as getting on PAC 14 and saying, we do need to resolve this issue. As long as it sounds good and the Daily Times doesn't print anything, the people should believe us. Well, start using that search box tool here on Salisbury News and type in anything you like and see what pops up. Try graffiti too, that one should blow you away.

Heck, my articles on trash on the Plaza actually go back to December 7, 2006. The Mayor and Comegys have ignored it this whole time and now thast Salisbury News has grown bigger than the Daily Times, uh oh, we better do something about this.

They're all talk and no action. I have another Post that will go up today once again proving to everyone they have done NOTHING to maintain the City and again, this is why the Mayor is so desperate to get rid of me any way she possibly can. All this stuff is coming back to bite them and like I said earlier, just type in whatever key words you think might be of interest to you and watch all the stories that come up and how they have done absolutely NOTHING to fix them.

Many joked around with me for years taking pictures of all the trash in the City. Guess what Anti Albero Bloggers, look how it's working for me now! I am proving the Mayor and Comegys couldn't care less. I'm proving they'll even get on PAC 14 and flat out LIE to the public. They know how to play the game of politics and tell you everything you want to hear and in the mean time they're lying through their teeth. They don't care about the City. They're NOT going to change a thing. ALL they care about is making Landlords & Developers happy. They have too many friends on the Plaza to MAKE them take their trash to the Dump!

This Blog has become so big, now they have to react every time I put up an article. Hence the Waverly Drive Post last week showing the size of the pipes and then the Mayor calling a Press Conference. This has been going on for a while now. While the Daily Times runs out of news and Reporters, they simply go back to articles that got great responses here on Salisbury News, now that the Mayor isn't going to run and they recycle articles. What they forgot about was the search box at the top of the Blog showing I have been talking about the same things they're just now mentioning for at least 2 years now. If you REALLY want to have some fun, every time the Daily Times puts up an article, take one of the key words and put it into the same search box and see how long ago Salisbury News brought up that same subject. Oh, this is going to be some great fun! Remember, GARY = Barrie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANYBODY BUT BUBBA FOR MARE!

Anonymous said...

AS MUCH CITY TAXES AS I PAY THIS ABSOLUTELY INFURIATES ME. I'M UNABLE TO COME UP WITH ANY BENEFIT OF LIVING WITHIN CITY LIMITS, THESE PHOTOS EXPLAIN SO MUCH.
EXCEPT THAT I APPARENTLY PAY THE CITY TO STAY MIRED DOWN IN BUREAUCRACY, AND THE PEOPLE I PAY TO PICK UP TRASH ON THE DOWNTOWN PLAZA HAVE BEEN REDIRECTED. ELIMINATE ALL DUPLICATE SERVICES AND REDUCE MY PROPERTY TAXES.

Anonymous said...

All the talk and planning will do no good, here or any other town, until citizens take pride in themselves and their community and that begins with cleanliness. Obviously the town leaders do not project a pride for Salisbury to their constituents or their employees. To coin a phrase "Soap and water doesn't cost much",

8wt

Anonymous said...

Everyone should do themselves a favor and drive to Easton's downtown one Saturday. People are walking everywhere with shops and earteries thriving. I drove through the Salisbury plaza a few weeks ago on a Saturday and the only person I saw was a homeless guy who walked in front of my car forcing me to stop, or run him over. Of course he wanted money. I just drove on thinking, "No wonder nobody comes downtown." Free parking close to my destination is another reason I don't go downtown. Plus, unless I go down there, I really don't know what shops or eateries exist downtown. They do a horrible job of promoting the area as well as keeping it clean.