Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Soldiers Return From Iraq

"Hi Joe,

My name is Lynn Bragg. I am the lead volunteer for the family readiness group of the 115th MP Battalion here in Salisbury. We had a reunion brief today and one of the family members indicated that you had a contingent present when the Marine flew home a few months ago. I am asking for your assistance in getting the word out to let people know that we have about 15 soldiers arriving home the best we know right now as Saturday. As is usual, we have been given a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I am betting on Saturday and we want to have a bang up showing for our troops. Can you help me with this? I will keep you advised as we get closer to the time and have a clearer knowledge of exactly when. They will be bussed into Salisbury from Ft. Dix.

Thank you for any help that you can be,
Lynn"

Folks, I ask that you keep an eye as to the updates and times for this very special event. I have made We Care Wicomico aware of this special event and hope many of you can be there to welcome these hero's home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in Salisbury will be the arrival? My family and I will be there.

Anonymous said...

Contact the PGR (Patriot gaurd riders). They go to all home comings if invited.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Wicomico Countians and EVERYONE--be there!!!

Anonymous said...

They will be arriving at the Salisbury National Guard Armory on Route 50 Saturday Oct 11th. The time is undetirmed yet but will let you know when we know. Please tell all your friends and family to come out to welcome our hometown heros home.

Anonymous said...

I have a wedding at 11:00 otherwise I will be there with open arms as I was on the 4th of July.

My brother just returned in FL for a 2 week leave. He was shocked by how many people welcomed him home even if it's just for a short stay.

Kimmie