Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

The FOP IS Soliciting Fundraising In Wicomico County

"PO Box 1450 Salisbury, MD 21802 410-543-1185 Fax 410-543-2534

September 3, 2008

The Wicomico County Fraternal Order of Police Lodge # 111 will begin a fundraising effort as of September 3, 2008. A marketing agency has been contracted to solicit donations from businesses in Wicomico County, on behalf of Lodge # 111. The name of the agency is Empire Group Marketing. The fundraiser is scheduled to last until the end of December 2008. If there are any questions or concerns about the fundraiser, please contact Lodge # 111 at 410-543-1185 and leave a message, any calls will be returned promptly.

Mark Wagner
President FOP Lodge # 111"

If you have ANY questions referencing someone calling you and you're curious, the numbers above are provided so you may in fact confirm your call is legit. The Sheriff's Department has NOTHING to do with it, so if someone calls and says this has something to do with the Sheriff, call the State Police immediately.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These people have now called our office twice looking wanting to speak to my boss.
The first time he called, he guy only says his name is Mike Harris. When asked what the call is in reference to he wouldn't tell me. I told him unless my boss knew what the call was referencing, he would not return the call (because of all the sales calls we get). He said "tell him it's Mike Harris and he will call me back!". He was not at all friendly.
So...I left a message on my boss's desk. When he came back into the office and saw the message, he asked me "So who is Mike Harris"?
Just what I thought, at the beginning...a sales/solicitation call. The gatekeeper stops another one!
Just a few minutes ago, the guy called back again. I recognized his voice but still asked who was calling. He said "this is Mike Harris again". I told him that my boss had no clue of who he was and would not be returning his call. His response to me was "Just tell him I'm with the Fraternal Order of Police".
My response to him was "NO THANKS...NONE OF US HERE ARE INTERESTED".

Now some would say I was unprofessional...I guess I'm ready for that...but in this case, I totally will disagree.

The caller should have stated the first time who he was and what the call was in reference to.'

If they expect local businesses to help them out, the need to change their tactics. Strong arming the gatekeeper will get you nowhere!

Anonymous said...

I'm always curious about how much these soliciters make off this. I bet the guys calling are not local police officers but out of town people who are in it for a large cut of what is donated.

Anonymous said...

I have called the number Joe posted to reach them because I wanted to let them know about this guy.
They have not returned my phone call as of yet.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Wagner called me back. He listened to what had happened and seemed to be bothered by it and said my complaint was not the first one he had received.
I also referenced the posts from here yesterday about a Mike Harris stating he was with the Sherrif's Dept.
He said he had received calls on that one too.
I do appreciate him getting back to me and wanted to let you all know that you can call him if you have any problems.