Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tom Ayres Responds To Mayor McDermott's Earlier Letter

"RE: The proper channels referred to by the Mayor of Pocomoke.

I did attend a city council meeting to openly file my complaint, I was at that meeting stifled by the Mayor himself, please refer to the minuets of the council meeting.

I did not in any way have my day in court, my attorney DID NOT attend my hearing and a postponement was denied, I could not afford a jury trial as I am trying to feed a family of 4 on 600 dollars per month disability.

I have proof that the mayor that is now trying to degrade myself has made atrocious remarks of my on going disability and also made reference to my weight as an over eating problem, the mayor continuously says he has explained the proper channels to take, but what he did say was he would investigate this matter and contact me via telephone, this never happened, I also have proof that the mayor himself has disparaged the city and the police department (namely the chief which I hold in high regard) in the forms of emails if anyone would like to see them. I have made my complaint to the mayor, a councilman (Bruce Morrison) and the city council, IN PERSON and in writing via email, I am now making my complaint over and above the cities authorities as my complaints have gone ignored by the city, the mayor, and the city council.

Please Note in the email just provided by the mayor the attitude attached to his email is the same attitude I have been dealing with since this incident occurred.

I request any and all correspondence by any and all Pocomoke city officials be discounted until this investigation is concluded on the federal level, it is my right to have an investigation outside the city as I feel bias as you can plainly see by the Mayors email.

I do request a state and federal investigation of this case and the Pocomoke city officials of biased and unfair use of the common law of Md, I was singled out for a ordinance that was and is being broken by city officials, police officers, and the chief of police I have in my possession video, digital pictures, of the abuse of the same city code that I was falsely, brutally, arrested as a result of. I had several of my constitutional rights violated by the pocomoke city police and again request an 'EXTERNAIL' investigation on the state and federal level.

Tom Ayres"

Dear Mr. Ayres,
Thank you for contacting the Office of the Attorney General. Your email has
been referred to me for response. Please be advised that the Attorney General
is the legal counsel for the State of Maryland. As such, this office provides
legal counsel to state agencies, department heads, investigates and prosecutes
crimes against the state. The Attorney General does not have authority to
intervene in the matters addressed in your email.

Citizen Response Coordinator

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you cant win without any money, this is foolish.
(its stinkin thinkin)

Anonymous said...

waa...

Anonymous said...

The Mayor of Pocomoke should not talk about anyone's weight . . . sporting quite a gut himself, there.

Anonymous said...

It's totally disgusting to see such officials at this way, seems to be typical alot of places now adays. I wish Mr. Ayres and the citisens of Pocomoke the very best, they will be setting a president here, that should be applide to several local governments around here. They should be held to a higher standard, and the punishment even higher.

Anonymous said...

So, at least Salisbury isn't the only city on the Shore with mayor problems!

Anonymous said...

Please feel sorry for me.