Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A Johnson Lake Community Resident Attacked This Morning

"Hi Joe.

I am a huge fan of salisbury news and was hoping that you would post my concern. I live in the Johnson Lake Community off of North Division street. I have a great set of neighbors and I like to describe my community as a small town where your children can play outside and ride their bikes.

This morning, my neighbor was attacked in her home. Unfortunately, I am not sure how she is doing at this time, however, I am sure that she is truly tramatized from the incident. While I am not trying to make speculations, however, our street has a home that I typically refer to as the "crackhouse".

The police have been to the home on numerous occasions and have arrested many of the tenants. The home is a rental and is situated across the street from the neighborhood playground, which as a community, we helped to create. On numerous occasions I have picked up used condoms from the playground so that my young child will not see these. The community has asked the mayor and police for much assistance with this home. However, the owner, continues to not care as to how this is affecting our community.

I guess my point is, I was hoping by posting this, that maybe something can be done for our neighborhood. I am scared at this point, being a single mother, as to what could have happened to me this morning should I not have locked my doors. The mayor says she cares so much, why does she continue to let this occur?"

Are you listening Chief & Mayor?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't live in salisbury (but close).. but down the street from me there is a house that has boarded up windows and is just trash...Kids that should be in high school live there with hardly any supervision. We can walk by and smell weed from 30-40 feet away. They are outside at all hours at night. One night I was up feeding my baby and I could hear 2 of them yelling at each other out in the street. The rest of houses on my street are occupied by nice people and are not in any way an eyesore. Unfortunately these people own the house- how i don't know- but I wish there was someway to get them to move.

Anonymous said...

Find out who to call for COUNTY code compliance, and stay on their butts until something is done about it. Also, call the Sheriff's office for late-night disturbances and any time you smell weed. Give them the address and tell them it is going on at that moment. Mike Lewis and bunch LOVE to bust drug offenders! By an chance, are you just down the street from SU?

Anonymous said...

What's the address? Who owns the house?

Anonymous said...

anon 1058.. lol no not down the street from SU. Small town outside of salisbury..about 10 miles. Sounds like this problem is everywhere. Maybe I could just offer to buy their house and tear it down and rebuild something.. hmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

oops! anon 1113.. i don't want to call anyone out and give specifics..

mommaneedswine said...

I too am a resident of JLNA. In addition to the home robbery, another neighbor found racial epithets on her Obama yard sign this morning. I find it hard to believe the incidents are not somehow connected.

In defense of the Chief of Police, we have been working very closely with him on several neighborhood issues. He has been more that helpful and informative. He has personally contacted a few neighborhood residents (including me via telephone and email), and called just last week to find out how things were going.

As for the crackhouse down the street. We have our wonderful landlord-friendly housing codes to thank for that holy mess.

If anyone wants the address, ride down New York Avenue, it's isn't hard to figure out which house it is.

Anonymous said...

Get back to the point of the article.

Chimera said...

Doesnt the Mayor herself live in that neighborhood ?Wow I am suprised she didnt call out the NG....Maybe with crime hitting so close to home she will have a clue of what residents put up with on a daily.

said...

go to the website maryland.gov and look under How Do I section to access real property database. Look up the house by the street and will give you the owner's name and address. All of this is public information.