Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Willards Fireworks Event Getting Bigger

Yesterday evening members of the Wicomico Eastside Chamber of Commerce met at Good Fella's Restaurant in Pittsville to welcome a new member and sample the food. During our get -together we discussed the progress of the Fireworks event we've been planning for July 5th at the Willards Elementary School which was originally supposed to begin at dusk. It appears that this event is growing. Whitey's Barbecue will be on site at around 7:00 p.m. as will Alex's Lemonade. Families are welcomed to come out early, set up a blanket, enjoy the food and drink, and get ready for an enjoyable evening. Who's to say that it won't get even bigger as the next week passes?

7 comments:

Bride2Be said...

I'm excited Dad!!

Anonymous said...

I had no clue Willardsw was planning anything like this. Sounds fun! Any more information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

joe albero said...

Maryann, No disrespect but that's because you but the Daily Slime. If you keep your eyes on Salisbury News daily, this is where you'll find all the current information. Not one thing has been said in the Daily Slime about the Willards event, even though they read this Blog like a Hawk. Besides, where else do you think they get all of their news anyway?

Anonymous said...

Willards sounds good for me & my family. In addition, Whitey's bar
b cue is the best. Sounds like a good ole 4th of July.

Anonymous said...

Joe, Nope don't buy the Daily Slime. I don't even read a newspaper. I do watch WBOC News though. I just don't get time to check the blog daily. When I do have time I make sure I stop in to see what's going on. I give you a lot of credit, you report a lot of news here before I hear about it anywhere else. Keep up the good work!

joe albero said...

Thanks for the support Maryann.

It's always a great pleasure hearing more and more people aren't buying that Rag any more. We do have a great team of writers here that provide incredible information daily. It also pleases me that so many organizations have come to realize that the bigger audience comes to Salisbury News rather than trying to navigate the Daily Slime's Website. It's come to a point now that if an organization doesn't give us the heads up on information they're going to have a much smaller turnout to their event.

Bob said...

I'm getting excited too, honey. It's been a lot of work. I thought your fingers were broken young lady, since you haven't called me in a while.