Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wicomico County Sex Offender Registry Info

I was reading comments and someone had asked about a local sex offender registry and I wanted to pass that info along,en masse. Wicomico County Sheriffs Office has an EXCELLENT countywide sex offender registry complete with offenders photos and info on where they live AND work.You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it and it is available at http://www.wicomicocounty.org/wcso/SexOffenderAgreement.htm



Outside of Wicomico County, you can utilize a statewide registry-just go to http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/sor/
You can use zip codes as search parimeters to check specific locales.


I feel as a mother it is every parents duty to check sex offender registries for their area often,because that is the ONLY way to know for sure who is in your neighborhood. Unfortunately, the registries only reveal those offenders who actually bother to register in the 1st place-nevertheless registries are better than nothing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a relief to know that we don't have a crime problem in Salisbury & Wicomico County.

Thanks for posting this. People need to know. Parents - protect your children from these sick perverts.

121 perverts. None have an address of "Prison"

GO TO JAIL Go directly to Jail. Do not pass my house. Do not collect Welfare. DO NOT GET OUT!

Anonymous said...

That's some list. I don't know who maintains it but they really need a class in spelling. I'd expect the person maintaining that list to at least know how to spell basic words.

I noted most on that list committed their crimes elsewhere. I also noted the dates of conviction. How in the hell did they get out of jail so soon? Some of them should be shot on sight. Despicable doesn't even begin to describe these people.

Chimera said...

"Thanks for posting this"


No problem!It is definitely a sobering slap in the face to see how many of them are in our local community and again,thats just REGISTERED offenders.My husband and I actually recognized one of them when we first started checking registry.Scary to think there are monsters hiding behind human facades all around us....They just get too much leniency from the justice system.

Anonymous said...

These bastards should be castrated, every single one of them. That would actually be to lenient. Lets just line them up and shoot them all in one fell swoop. There is no excuse for any of them, they're all animals.

As a parent, there is no way I could allow one of them to live had it been my child. I'd be in jail but they'd be dead, never to harm another.

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo freaked out right now! There's a guy on there that spent time in my office when he contracted for us! I just got up and locked my door (I'm here by myself). Companies should run background checks on contractors and employees!! How did the rapist and murderer ever get released???!!!

Chimera said...

Anon 2:08
Thats scary!It just proves the point I am trying to make-that you never know WHO you are dealing with in your workplace or in your neighborhood,church,sports league,etc.

Anonymous said...

Ok I just threw up a little in my mouth.