Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Maryland Attorney General in Pocomoke Today Auditing the Chesapeake Bay and its Tributaries

Hey Joe,

Maybe you can get him to look into the Wicomico River as well!

This just in...BALTIMORE, MD (June 18, 2008) - Attorney General Douglas F.
Gansler will visit Pocomoke City and the University of Maryland, Eastern Shore, located in Princess Anne, on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 as part of his audit of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries. Pocomoke City will be the Attorney General’s second stop on his statewide tour of the Chesapeake Bay Watershed.

I got a call that there was a lot of activity at the Discovery Center this morning but by the time I got there everyone was gone. I ran into the Mayor at the corner of Clarke and Market talking to handsome gentleman in a suit. I had to stop at the signal and said hi from my jeep. He turned and replied "Hello".

I asked what was going on earlier downtown and he stated the Attorney General was in town today to make preparations for the Governors visit next month.

Governor O'Malley will be attending the Great Pocomoke Fair, here in Pocomoke next month.

During my drive by interview I asked the Mayor if that was the reason the helicopter was buzzing the city yesterday, he said "No, he didn't know what that was about either."

When I Googled our Maryland Attorney General and his image I found the above picture and discovered the gentleman that was accompanying the Mayor on the corner was in fact our Attorney General Doug Gansler.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

omalley and crack dealers....thats a real den of theives! he prolly just wants his cut....

Anonymous said...

Yeah I do not know how someone who ruined Baltimore went on to become the governor, unreal.

Anonymous said...

501 please be quiet, you might give Barrie the idea to run for Governor.

Anonymous said...

what do you mean auditing the bay and tribs, hes a lawyer.

Wymzie said...

That's what the official press release on his visit said. So naturally I thought of the Wicomico Spillage!

Anonymous said...

If it's the WWTP spill he was in the wrong town and the wrong county. Has anyone noticed all the pols are avoiding Salisbury this trip? What the hell has Barrie done to run all of them off? Don't tell me she got drunk and made an ass of herself...AGAIN

Wymzie said...

I thought it was a little weird myself. After our new WWTP we haven't had any problems like physteria anymore. You gotta wonder why he isn't checking out the Wicomico.

Anonymous said...

This is Gansler, the Attorney General, not O'Malley, who is Governor. Gansler was not mayor of Baltimore. O'Malley was the mayor of Balto.

Anonymous said...

One good reason is the river is closed. Barrie wouldn't want them coming up river to see the mess created under her watch or is that failure to watch...hmmm