Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 29, 2007

The Old Mall Is More Than 50% Gone






No mater what controversy is to be said about the future of the Old Mall, that puppy is just about gone. I have to also say, this has to be some of the finest work I have ever personally seen.

Do you see mud and dirt all over the streets? Do you see trash a debris all over the surrounding area? These are nice, neat piles of debris that are strategically being laid out to be recycled.

In one of the photos you can clearly see the east side of the Old Mall is completely gone. I tip my hat to the owners of this property as they have clearly hired a professional company that does quality work.

Thank You for considering the property owners around you. It's certainly far more than the City of Salisbury would have provided.

4 comments:

LadyLibertarian said...

They are doing a great job. Having said that, I am still sad to see it go. I grew up in that mall, and I have so many good memories of it. I kind of wish that maybe the city or the property owners get together to sell pieces of the old parquet flooring. I would be first in line.

Anonymous said...

Nowif just Joe could be gone too!

Anonymous said...

I'm really happy it's going down so well, but in a way, it burns me up. Remember the HUGE stink the Scheme Team (and the developers, too) made about what an incredible task it would be, how it would take sooooo long, how it was no small feat on and on and on?

I realize it was bigger than Shoreland Freezers, but that was a big place, too, and it came down to leveled dirt in no time.

Gad! What a bunch of hooey we've had just to get that building down.

LadyLibertarian said...

Hey, Joe, do you know if any of the residents in the area are having any rodent or pest problems.