Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 29, 2007

Urban Salisbury & Parker Place Halloween Rained Out


As many of you saw full page ads in The Daily Times, lots of money was spent for a pumpkin carving event that flopped due to the rain.

Sadly, Urban Salisbury called the event off before they did any real research into the weather because I was told by my neighbor last Thursday, (who is a Farmer) the rain would end Saturday at Noon.

Granted, it was pretty cool to see the rain was in fact over at that time, (can't beat luck) and although this event was to go on between 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, they called it off.

I stopped by, thinking there would be some really cool shots to take of every one's work and no one was there. I walked inside and asked Anne Taylor what was going on and that's when I came to learn Urban Salisbury had called it off.

Anne did let me know that there weren't many kids that showed up anyway, since no one announced the cancellation of it on the News. Well no mater what, my hat is tipped to ALL involved. This was a fantastic idea and hopefully the County can pick up on it next year and hold an INDOOR event inside the Civic Center for everyone in the County to get involved??????? HINT, HINT!

So thank you Taylor Family and thank you Urban Salisbury. "A" for effort!

No comments: