Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 29, 2007

TO ALL HANDICAPPED CITIZENS OF SALISBURY


This would also include ALL parents pushing strollers with small children in them, bicyclists and or couples enjoying a walk around town while holding hands, Salisbury Does NOT Want You!

The photo above is the sidewalk DIRECTLY along Rt. 50 in which you have to step into the roadway in order to get by. It's a serious blind spot, (believe it or not) and you can't be quick enough to go around this overgrown brush and get back onto the sidewalk if you're let's say, pushing a stroller.

There are many things wrong in the City but to me, this is a priority. Wouldn't you agree?

By the way, I'm being VERY fair with this photo. I could have stood all the way over to the left and made it look far worse. That being said, FIX IT!

Imagine if this were Rt. 50 instead of a sidewalk? Let's just say 75% of the roadway was blocked by a overgrown tree. Let's also say the tree limbs scratched the side of your car as you went by too. Yeah, my guess is that people would be a bit frustrated, eh? To some, these sidewalks ARE their only access to get to and from and this is completely irresponsible.

8 comments:

LadyLibertarian said...

Hey, Joe, remember what I said earlier? The city will tell the property owner to fix it. If the city is the property owner, fuggedaboutit. If the county owns it, they might fix it. If the state owns it, maybe. If it county on city property, we'll still be talking about it in 10 years. If it is city on county property, same applies

Anonymous said...

If this isn't covered by an ordinance, it should be. Where I come from, property owners are given notice by letter that they have 30 days to correct the situation, or it is done for them and they are billed and fined. td

Anonymous said...

This is a state issue. The road and sidewalk are state owned. The state is responsible for telling the owners to cut back their bushes.

joe albero said...

There we go Folks, blame it on the State.

The way I see it is, without this Blog calling out so many situations like this, many of those fat and lazy department heads the Mayor doesn't want anyone talking to will sit back and do nothing about it, just like they have been for all these years.

Of course the Mayor wants to sue me and shut me down. This is defamation, right? WRONG! I have every right exposing these things, big or small.

Anonymous said...

Teacherlady, how long are you going to milk your parents surgery and not work? Oh, it's OK it's just taxpayer money.

LadyLibertarian said...

Anonymous, If you only knew. Where did I say I worked for a county? Where did I say I even worked in Maryland? Where did I say I was being paid for this time off? I didn't. As a matter of fact, I am not being paid for being off, nor do I work in a county in Maryland. You seem to be a very angry, nasty and vindictive person. You should get some counseling for that.

ASSUME-Makes an ass of of U (but not of) me.

Anonymous said...

Does that mean Fat Head Comegy's should be on top of it. He has State and City end

Welcome Back Joe

Anonymous said...

YES! Blame it on the State. It's their responsibility.