The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Elizabeth Warren's Wealth Tax Is Another Radically Bad Idea From the Far Left

A radical new tax proposal would hurt the poorest and more vulnerable working-class Americans, and fuel the ever-increasing presence of Washington in our daily lives.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., will reportedly propose soon a wealth tax on the richest Americans.

The tax would be a fundamental departure from our current tax code, adding an entirely new tax system on top of the 70,000 pages of existing tax law.

A wealth tax would hurt every American.



Anonymous said...

It's about the fact that the ultra rich 1% has more wealth than the rest of us 99%. That means more lobbying, more fact controlling and more information suppression to keep their interests in power.

America is a playground for the rich, the economic system rewards you the more you make. The tax laws are so ridiculously complicated that companies like TurboTax and H & R block spend millions lobbying to tell you that you're too stupid to file them yourself.

Excuse me if I don't want to shed a tear for a billionaire who is using tax loopholes to pay a lower net percentage of taxes than a middle class American. Hell, the idiot in the white house has himself bragged, to our faces, about exploiting tax loopholes. Many of you seem to forget that laws and morality are not the same thing.

Anonymous said...

If you listen / read their statements / bills, they do not included themselves. The limit is always above their / family income. Naturally the Democrats again eliminate the Politians from a penalty.

Anonymous said...

I have no problem with a wealth tax if and ONLY if the income tax is abolished. The income tax keeps you from moving up- why be ambitious if the government is just going to take and take more?

Anonymous said...

Tax used to be only gathered from businesses, not from individuals.

Anonymous said...

Can you really blame the rich for using the loop holes that are provided to them by the government? I don't. Have you seen how much many of our congress members are worth? If you believe that they are going to pass legislation that makes them and their friends pay more then you are an idiot. There is nothing immoral about working hard to provide for your family and employ people. The only immoral thing about this discussion is that our government taxes us to death so they can give our hard earned money away and look good in the polls. It is the same B.S. every election cycle and people fall for it every time. I've never had a poor man sign my paycheck.