Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Official: 6 dead in Chattanooga elementary school bus crash


CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — Bloodied students lay on stretchers, while other children walked away dazed with their parents after an elementary school bus crash that killed six Monday in Chattanooga.

Chattanooga police Chief Fred Fletcher said the crash was “every public safety professional’s worst nightmare.”

The bus was carrying 35 children from Woodmore Elementary, students in kindergarten through fifth grade, when it crashed about 3:30 p.m., turned on its side and wrapped around a tree.

Fletcher said police were interviewing the bus driver to determine what happened and told reporters later that investigators were looking at speed “very, very strongly” as a factor. The bus was the only vehicle involved but the crash scene covers a significant area, he said.

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Salisbury now but Chattanooga is my hometown. Pray for these families and please don't post any nasty comments.

Anonymous said...

I would bet drugs are involved.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the driver has an attorney yet? If so, I also wonder when the attorney is going to claim that his client "blacked out" and doesn't remember anything that happened just prior to the accident. It has become standard to say "I don't remember." Just like the metro driver in NJ, and all the other public transit drivers that kill people when they are in control of the vehicle, bus, boat, or train.

I think this guys drug test will have some bearing on the cause of the accident.

Anonymous said...

9:32. Why?

Anonymous said...

On another note: Please satisfy my curiosity--A maryland resident, I know got a DUI, hit a car and pedestrian. Charged with failure to assist injured person, display insurance and license. Refused Breathalyzer WHat will happen to her. She is also a nurse.

Anonymous said...

They showed a picture of the driver this morning on the news. I am not trying to profile but I would never let my child get on a bus with that man. I pray that he is charged with vehicular manslaughter or worse.
My heart aches for those families having lost a child myself it is you worst nightmare and then some.

Anonymous said...

Most parents have no idea or any control over who drives their kids bus.