Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Bus driver asked kids if they were ‘ready to die’ before fatal crash: mom

The driver behind the wheel of a Tennessee school bus that crashed and killed five children asked the kids if they were “ready to die” as he sped along a Chattanooga road, according to a report.

A mom who had three students aboard the bus — one of whom died — told CBS Newsthat Johnthony Walker asked the chilling question seconds before the yellow bus slammed into a telephone pole and a tree.

Walker, 24, was well above the 30-mph speed limit while driving 35 students home from the Woodmore Elementary School on Monday — crashing on a narrow road about a mile from the school, Police Chief Fred Fletcher said.

One student aboard the bus told WDEF-TV that the driver “wasn’t paying attention and was going real fast.”

More

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were the children white? Was this a hate crime toward Trump supporters perhaps?

Anonymous said...

This guy was either high or has some mental disorder..also trusting a 24 year old with driving small children is a real bad decision..Most of them have no patience and have too little driving experience especially a bus!

Anonymous said...

Not at all. Just an idiot. He should have just killed himself. Prayers for the patents and children affected. I am sure some children will be afraid to ride the school bus now.

Anonymous said...

Agreed.

Anonymous said...

5:29 But you will put a 19 yo in a tank to drive around and kill people.

Anonymous said...

My kids are 21 and 20 and have No D.Licenses. Unless they get one themselves they won't have one.I got mine at 18 only because I worked and paid for it. I don't beleive teens should drive at all.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
5:29 But you will put a 19 yo in a tank to drive around and kill people.

November 22, 2016 at 6:13 PM

Bad comparison. Try again.

Anonymous said...

Truth..no 24 yr old should be driving a bus full of elementary schoolers...period.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Capt. Caveman. Your kids will live at home with you forever.

Anonymous said...

Plenty of 21 yo 18 wheeler drivers on the same roads with school buses and soccer moms with 5 kids in the suv.

Anonymous said...

10:25
I'm not so sure about that. I think most insurance companies require they be 25.

Anonymous said...

Your one pos! Spinning race into this.

Anonymous said...

First, I don't have kids.
Secondly, I sincerely think that if I DID have kids, one look at the driver would've made me gather them up and get them to school myself.
Yes, I'm profiling.
One more thing:
Did anyone see the one mother that lost a child in this terrible accident? The one that said she was "angry" - no tears, no nothing - and this was just hours after the accident.
I'll give her the benefit of a doubt and say she was in shock, and not planning the huge lawsuit settlement that is sure to come.
Again, I have no kids, but even if our damn cat was run over by a school bus, I would be somewhat saddened, and my wife would be uncontrollable. And I don't particularly like cats.

Anonymous said...

I posted yesterday that I would never let my child ride on a bus with a person looking like that, sorry. Someone replied most parents don't know who is driving their kids...well not in my world I knew who was driving my child everyday and for special events. Unless the trip was a charter bus. I pray that this monster gets the death penalty and they torture and or kill him in jail or prison. Hell if I were one of the parents I'd hire someone to do that.
God help those kids and their families.