Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Cambridge police chief returns to duty

CAMBRIDGE — Cambridge Police Chief Daniel Dvorak returned to duty with the department Tuesday after a brief time on administrative leave.

According to a Cambridge police press release, Dvorak was reinstated Tuesday, Aug. 30, after he was placed on administrative leave Thursday, Aug. 25, for a personnel matter.

“Last week, some concerns were raised about equipment in my possession that I used in my computer management role with the Newport Police Department,” Dvorak said in a written statement. “I was placed on administrative leave while this was investigated. Once I received a statement from Newport confirming I was authorized to possess this equipment I was reinstated.

“All cases such as this must be investigated completely, and unfortunately to do it properly it must be done confidentially,” he said. “I am very pleased to be back to work so I can continue to serve as your police chief.”

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, sounds like he kept the tax-payer funded laptop....

Anonymous said...

Get a laptop from one employer, and keep it when you leave the job. After he is caught, then they "authorize" him to have it. Only in the government, with taxpayer's dollars. Nice perks, Mr Police Chief. Must be related to Hillary. Damn! Is everyone corrupt?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, something sounds fishy here.

Anyway I am sick and tired of government leaders hiring these losers from out of town or out of state.

Chief Webster
Chief Duncan
Chief Brezler
Chief Simpson

These aren't real chiefs, but you get the idea.

Just a few local leaders that we all know about. You can't tell me there isn't anyone in house that can do the job? Just think how many promotions are screwed up when they hire a chief from out of the Department.

Anonymous said...

Oh they should hire a redneck good ole boy like pollitt ? Lol

Anonymous said...

12:46 Nothing to laugh about if you live in the city that Rick Pollit "manages".God help us.

Anonymous said...

More crooked cops,no shock there.Most of the ones around here are Baltimore City PD imports who are also crooked.They skate on anything they do.

Anonymous said...

I would like to know what happened to the former Police Chief Ken Malik?
Did he retire?