Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 18, 2015

Baltimore Police Body Camera Testing To Begin In October

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Balitmore Mayor Stephanie-Rawlings Blake announced Thursday that the police department will begin testing body cameras in October.

“I am pleased that we are moving forward with our plans to bring body-worn cameras to our officers, because I believe they will help to bring a greater level of accountability and trust to our efforts to improve police-community relations,” Rawlings-Blake said. “I have made it clear that I want us to do this right, and this pilot program will ensure that we find the right solution for Baltimore.”

Three vendors were selected by the city to participate in the pilot program that will begin Oct. 26 and end on Dec. 18.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those in Baltimore City are going to be mortified when body cameras become the norm. They won't be able to edit them, the way they do with their own phones. You are going to see the biggest drop in policy brutality case in history. I bet it drops over 90+ percent. Mark my words.