Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 18, 2015

Hillary Isn’t Biden’s Problem — Obama Is

Many praised Biden’s “honesty” for saying to Stephen Colbert on CBS’ “The Late Show”: “I don’t think any man or woman should run for president unless, number one, they know exactly why they would want to be president, and two, they can look at folks out there and say, ‘I promise you, you have my whole heart, my whole soul, my energy and my passion to do this.’ And I’d be lying if I said that I knew I was there. I’m being completely honest. Nobody has a right, in my view, to seek that office unless they’re willing to give it 110 percent of who they are.”

Actually, a completely honest answer would have been, “I’m watching the polls to make sure Hillary Clinton is completely dead, and I’m secretly meeting with donors to insure I’ll be the recipient of their money when she implodes.”

Biden may think the main issue is whether Hillary Rodham Clinton has sunk far down enough for him safely to jump in. But his problem is more fundamental. A Biden candidacy represents a third term for Obama. For what reason, on what grounds, should Americans give the policies of the Obama administration four more years?

The latest poll of likely voters from Rasmussen Reports found 64 percent think the country is on the “wrong track” and only 29 percent believe it’s headed in the “right direction.”

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the FED is becoming her problem also. People want interest rates to go up. And a majority associate it with the president making the FED do what it has. And in fact he has no doubt.
I believe it could now be a campaign issue for fixed income and savers to vote on when the look at president..It definitely is for me. This FED is completely lost in the wind of the rich fat cats on wall street and to worried about other countries and not the U.S. middle
class and retirees.

Anonymous said...

Neither has a chance in the next election.