Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Comment Worthy Of A Post 2-12-15

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post " Look Who's Going To Run For Mayor Again":

Joe....this is a letter of tribute to you that is well deserved. I know you ran for mayor and for some strange reason you didn't get in....but.... having said that I can tell you that more people became aware of your blog and more and more people turn to this source for the best news and information.. BUT... what some people may NOT KNOW is that this blog has changed lives for the better. Because of your blog people have a voice that was NEVER available to them before. The people and businesses who have run this town for years are also reading your blog because they now are being held accountable like never before. If you were to mention a business in this blog people become aware of it. If you print a problem with a situation or a business, person become aware of it and start questioning how things are done and pay attention in ways that may never have occurred to them in the past. You give the community a voice by educating the masses. I don't start a day without this blog. There are weeks when things may not apply to me personally but I always learn something. And then, there are times that I have made a post to draw attention to a problem and when I have...things have always changed for the better. Joe.... you may not have made Mayor BUT your service to the community is far more reaching and truthful in content than anything done by elected officials. Some times the best place to be is on the outside of the everyday fray so that your voice has MUCH MORE impact. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Joe for changing things in this town I call home. Bless you.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in total agreement with this commenter. Joe, you have done more for this city with this Blog than any mayor could possibly do! Thank you for your daily efforts to improve our city and surrounding counties!

JoeAlbero said...

Dear Anonymous,

First of all, Thank You for those kind words.

For what it's worth, (two things),

1. I was not going to let Jim Ireton run unopposed.

2. I knew that if I ran, my platform could be un denied and in the very least Salisbury residents would see an immediate change for the better and quite a bit of that has happened.

After the first 6 months of starting Salisbury News and former Mayor Barrie Tilghman went public on the news insisting people go to sbynews.com that I had more power with the Blog than I ever would as a Mayor.

We have been the ONLY news source willing to call elected officials out, even after being sued three times and winning. I truly believe anyone else would have folded and shut down and there's be NO BLOGS at all here on the Shore. Not ones who aren't afraid to tell the TRUTH anyway.

Nevertheless, thank you for the kind words and support. Trust me, there's a LOT more coming to Salisbury News by mid year. We'll not only have TV News but we'll also have a 1 hour Radio Show every day.

Anonymous said...

You are welcome! I am comfortable with the fact that you help people to think for themselves like never before. Bless you and yours.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!

Anonymous said...

Joe,

Understanding the expenses you incurred during the last mayoral run, I would not be surprised if you did not run again...though disappointed!

You have done a lot for this area and we thank you greatly.

Too bad there aren't more good people willing to take a stand against the Liarton tyranny!

Anonymous said...

Joe this letter is so true and I, too, thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you do daily. I know you put a ton of time and effort into this blog and I truly do appreciate everything you do.

Anonymous said...

Joe, thanks to your persistence, the good ole boys who have had a strangle hold on this County are being exposed and eliminated one-by-one. This has been needed for so long and it finally is happening. Would NEVER have happened without you and your blog. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you continuing to post the truth despite the ugliness of those being revealed as liars, we finally have the opportunity to take back our community from those who have controlled everything and so grossly feathered their own nests for the last 20+ years. They are desperate as they watch their power crumble. Continue to be strong in the wake of their underhanded ways.

Anonymous said...

Great comment and so true! Thank you Joe Albero for having the courage of your convictions and never backing down!

Jim said...

Thanks for the great job you do, and for the unshakable commitment you have to bring the truth to light regardless of the consequences.
You are a VERY valuable asset to the community and the entire region.

Anonymous said...

Joe. Run again. If you make the announcement I'll change my address to Salisbury again. I have two. And now my kids can Vote as well. I left because you lost. Given up on my homes and planned to sell. As long as Jim and Jake are frolicking around I won't allow anyone to live in them.

Anonymous said...

Joe, your service is well done, you actually care, and good, bad, or indifferent, you report the news. Thank you for all your service and help to us, the forgotten taxpayer.