Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, January 04, 2015

SALISBURY NEWS SOARS PAST 25,000,000 HITS IN 2014

Being born in the early 1960's, ONE Million, (back then) was a HUGE number.

We'd pull up to McDonald's back then and it would say, "Over One Million Served" and that was BIG. In the seventies McDonald's changed their signs to say, "Millions Served". Today it says, "Billions Served". 

So how should we feel here at Salisbury News when we announce we've exceeded 25,000,000, I don't know. 

I will say this, however. Salisbury News has been providing a free service for 10 years now. It was never our intention to be as big as we are today. We simply wanted to share news and information your local media refused to provide. Love us or hate us, we've done an outstanding job doing just that.

I can recall the first year we started this local Blog. We'd get a hundred hits a day and think, people are listening. The next year it would be something like 250 people a day and we thought, man, we've really grown. Today, well, I guess 25,000,000 would be considered pretty substantial by many.

Friends would regularly tell me, get on Facebook, Twitter, hook up with this group or that group and your numbers will soar. I refused to participate in the numbers game because my intent and goal was to have people come here who WANT to be here. I wanted to deliver REAL results for our advertisers by delivering LOCAL traffic. 

I also remember sitting with friends smoking cigars 10 years ago while we all discussed what we thought was the next up and coming business out there. The main topic, Blogs. Many wondered, what the hell is a Blog. Well, here we are today entering 2015 and I have to admit, even Bill Duvall would be very proud of what we've accomplished. 

So where do we go from here. Well, I'm not at liberty to expose what we'll be doing in 2015 at the moment but I will tell you that there have been many discussion and plans about where we are headed and while I would have like to announce it today, it would be premature. I will say this though, it is very big and very ahead of its time. 

Throughout 2015 your other Main Stream Media outlets will have to start preparing to truly step aside as Salisbury News WILL be raising the bar and possibly place ALL other media sources into positions they more than likely will not be able to compete. 

We will be aggressively reaching out to advertisers while still maintaining our $100.00 a month advertising fee. Could we demand a lot more, absolutely. However, the point to what we do is not to get rich. However, it is not to LOSE money either. We simply want to help ALL businesses in a very tough economy survive and grow. We want to continue taking advertising dollars and "Pay It Forward". 

All that being said, THANK YOU! Our greatest reward is actual traffic increases on a daily basis and you have certainly proven to deliver. 

New Years Day is the only day we provide one article but this New Years Day we will instead deliver the Top 25 articles of the year at 9:00 AM. We chose to go by the largest volume of comments. Can you guess what the #1 Post of the year was?

Wishing you the very best throughout 2015.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, SBYNews!

Anonymous said...

Great job joe and god bless
Wank.

Anonymous said...

Crackhead Mitchell.

Anonymous said...

Hard to tell Joe! You've banged out a lot of important stuff this year! Keep it up!
Butthole

Anonymous said...

Super
BRilliant
Young
NEWS.

Pa...

Anonymous said...

Good work Sir....keep it running

Anonymous said...

I've been a regular since 2006 , I view twice a day . 25,000,000 divided by 365 = 68,493 if a customer views 1 time a day.
If 2 times a day = 34,246.
Not bad assuming a hit is an open to the blog.
Of course ,I do believe that this is my best source of TRUE information as well as others.
I certainly hope you continue the message of truth in the media , not many left.
You have had my attention for about 9 years even though I disagreed a few times, and may have pissed you off.
I will remain anonymous (for good reasons), however I believe you know me and have talked with me on occasions.

Anonymous said...

You have ALREADY raised the bar and the locals cannot compete. I don't even remember the last time I watched a local news report or read the paper.

It's all right here. Good job, good luck and Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

25 M hits for the year is huge! Congrats and Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

It still is a huge number. I only wish our legislators would understand that and act accordingly. Keep up the good work, the Blog is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I remember the very beginning. I had no idea what a blog was and I accidentally stumbled into the meeting in Barrie's office with Joe, Mr. Duval and someone else and everything took off from there. It was like a fly on the wall watching history being made!

Anonymous said...

Joe I can remember years ago when I first discovered SBYNEWS the story was about stunt motorcycle riders at the old mall. I have been hooked ever since. Thank you for giving us REAL news.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you deliver this year. Stop kidding yourself Joe, you guys are the number one place to go for news on the shore and everyone knows it. We appreciate all the hard work.

Anonymous said...

Hats off to you Joe and may you have a great 2015!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joe for giving people in Salisbury and the Shore a conservative alternative to the liberal crap served up by the DTs and the local TV stations as well as reporting all the crime that was routinely covered up by them. An informed populace is an empowered populace.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Joe! I'm here every day to get my news, The other MSM sites, well only to get their take on something you reported, if it's even there.

SBYNews is the news leader in this city!

Thank you for that.